• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone had a general "TPS System Fault Error" mesage pop up?

Started by goblues38, March 23, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblues38

I was in the last 2 hours of a 15.5 hour drive last night and this error popped up.

"TPS System Fault Error"

The low tire pressure light, blinked for about 60 seconds and all was well.

I stopped and checked the tire pressures, and nothing was off.  This happened 2 times inside 30 minutes.  Only time since having the car in late December.
2013 SHO w/pp
     -35% tint
     -relay wired to have parking lights on any time car is running
     -SCTx4 (Torrie Tune)
2014 Explorer Sport

crash712us

Sounds like a tmps sensor is faulting, maybe on its way out.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Joleat

I had the same message on my 2011 MKS. The first dealership tried to tell me it was a security module that would need to be replaced because they couldn't get the computer to go into diagnostic mode. I declined the service and took the car to another dealership. They diagnosed which sensor needed to be replaced in minutes. Unfortunately, when I returned to pick the car up, I was given a bill for the service. I argued that the car was still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty and they said the TPMS was not covered because it is a tire-related part. I reluctantly paid and began researching the warranty coverage when I arrived home that evening. After sending an email to Lincoln service, they confirmed that the part was, in fact, covered. From there on, Lincoln took great care of me. They contacted the dealership and I had the refund check in my hands within a couple of days. It was roughly $85 for the part and labor.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

mval

well i got an odd one too. i put on my new wheels & conti tires w/ nitrogen but decided not to spend all the money to have tpms in them & then reprogram system as was going to put old rims &  air tires back on during winter when really had to watch air pressure. amazingly my tpms system light has never come on. i thought for sure it would.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

BiGMaC

Quote from: mval on March 24, 2014, 10:49:40 AM
well i got an odd one too. i put on my new wheels & conti tires w/ nitrogen but decided not to spend all the money to have tpms in them & then reprogram system as was going to put old rims &  air tires back on during winter when really had to watch air pressure. amazingly my tpms system light has never come on. i thought for sure it would.
mikev

Interesting... So Mike, you were able to delete the TPMS without getting a light? ... Do I understand correctly?   

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

How many miles on your new wheels, Mike?  Apparently it takes a while (anywhere from 20-50 miles?) for the system to recognize problematic/absent sensors.  If you are well past that point, another + for the Vertinis!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

guys:
have had them on 2 weeks. haven't driven that much, but around 250 miles, so nothing indicates that situation will change. the only thing i can think of is maybe the place i got the tire/wheel setup from put them in there. but i thought they've had to be somehow reprogramed because my old tires used the band type & the ones performanceplustire use are the stem type.but once again am real low tech.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen