• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO RX OCC with Clean Side Installation Option's

Started by SwampRat, March 22, 2014, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on March 26, 2014, 07:26:22 PM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 17, 2014, 11:09:46 AM

RX can arrived with black SS lines and fittings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK ... BMC or BigMac  , you two guys ordered the same kit .. I think .

Looking at the pic , are the black SS lines the standard ones that come with the kit ?
Mine  came with NO lines at All . I was planing on doing the initial installation with whatever lines it came with and then get the RED ones made after I am sure of lenghts needed but my kit only came with fittings and brackets  ?!?

The braided hose is not standard... I didn't order it because of fitment issues to be resolved in the SHO and so I have sourced it locally, but Tracy can provide it. The standard kit ships with black rubber fuel rated SS reinforced within the tubing wall...what I got with my kit.  Fuel rated tubing is the key so that it will not collapse under vacuum.    Rx generally charges $9/ft and recommends 20 feet as it takes a minimum of 16 feet just for the can. They will throw in the AN fittings if you buy the braided black tubing... not a bad deal... The two black 90 degree AN fittings did not come in my kit.  So bmc got an upgraded kit (and about $90 worth of free connectors!...these right angles are about $30 each retail). The clear tubing is for the drain.

The picture of the kit does not show the check valves (2 needed) or the short tubing pieces for them, but I'll assume bmc has them since they are at the heart of the RX can function..

The bracket shown should work fine for bmc's XSport... but as you know it will not work for the SHO... that's an issue Tracy and I have been working on....

Hope this helps

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 26, 2014, 07:34:06 PM
Mine was with the optional steel line kit.
I should be installing next week along with new down pipes.

Love the look of the upgraded kit!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

bigmoneycloser

I have a small bag with various other connectors.. I will take a pic tomorrow of all the other pieces.
This way you can see what else is included and I can confirm I have everything for install?lol
It sucks not knowing how to do your own work...  ;(

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SwampRat

I'm pretty sure mine came with what are considered push type fittings and the check valves, I'll double check tonight when I get home .
It looks like I'll be making a trip to OReillys tomorrow to get some braided fuel line hose . A temporary " fix " until I get the Red fittings and lines made.

Pics tomorrow  ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

Here is a pick of the smaller pieces of the kit..
Hope this helps

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

SwampRat

Here are some initial install pics and thoughts ...

I am not going to install lines until My hydrodipped Engine Cover gets here .

Mounting bracket attached to front inside strut tower stud ... second lower bracket with 2 slider slots attached to can .
AC line is opposite  fittings on can and I do not know which one is charge side , I'm not concerned about this because if AC work is needed down the road later the  nut on strut tower bracket can simply be taken off and can can be left loosely attached to connect up AC Charge/Evac equipment . 

Top side pic of Can showing bracket bolted to Strut Tower Stud .
Drain valve is removed , I will install right angle adapter and reattach drain valve and then attach drain line to it 

AC line was slightly bent to move it away from can .

engine bay pic

I'll post more pics and thoughts  later  with lines installed after I get engine cover back ... hopefully next week .

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Cool!  Way to go.  :thumb:

Does the hood shut without touching heat blanket?... & no vibration when the engine's running?

I considered this location... got the new connectors from Tracy today... So when the new bracket he's sending arrives I think I'm gonna mount in right front behind the HID.

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 27, 2014, 08:03:12 PM
Cool!  Way to go.  :thumb:

Does the hood shut without touching heat blanket?... & no vibration when the engine's running?

Rock steady mount and no vibration  , clearance for lines  are  tight but does not touch inner hood blanket

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

That's where we mounted my fuel pressure regulator as well, worked great!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

68_GT

I noticed the oil blow by I'm getting in my upper intake when I put in my 3bar MAP.

I'd be in for one of these kits if there is a complete kit. I don't need anything show car worthy, just a plain jane one that works. Is that an option ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on March 27, 2014, 08:40:45 PM
I noticed the oil blow by I'm getting in my upper intake when I put in my 3bar MAP.

I'd be in for one of these kits if there is a complete kit. I don't need anything show car worthy, just a plain jane one that works. Is that an option ?

The standard can kit comes with all the connectors, mounting brackets, and a roll of hose (you cut). 
Options regarding the oil fill cap/Cleanside separator are on EBPP store site and explained in Tracy's original post in the "PCV" thread.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 68_GT on March 27, 2014, 08:40:45 PM

Absolutely it's on the site just click the link in my sig

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

thatsmrgimp2u

I either have a different bracket, or a different mounting point on the can itself. I for the life of me cannot get the can as low as yours. Ill be emailing RX soon to find a solution.
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

SwampRat

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 05, 2014, 08:00:14 PM
I either have a different bracket, or a different mounting point on the can itself. I for the life of me cannot get the can as low as yours. Ill be emailing RX soon to find a solution.

Did you remove the drain valve ? 
It needs to be taken off and  and then a right angle adapter is screwed into the can and drain valve reattached otherwise it won't drop low enough to mount .

2021 Edge ST