• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

No redline in my gauges???

Started by 2010SHOtime, March 20, 2014, 01:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mval

larry- i think you got it, mine was built in 12/09. it would be interesting to see if bpd's is the same as my build # & his are very close. but larry, you & chris's being even more different makes it even more strange.
& like the others the first time i hit the limiter i thought i had blown the engine as well.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

crash712us

Quote from: Larrylu on March 21, 2014, 11:00:19 AM
That is different for me as the red only shows up after the engine has started. Engine off = no red.
I will have to double check. But the color looked like it was on the dial. And not from the back light.
But if that the case shining a flashlight on the area would illuminate the red area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Larrylu

Quote from: crash712us on March 21, 2014, 01:01:26 PM

That is different for me as the red only shows up after the engine has started. Engine off = no red.
I will have to double check. But the color looked like it was on the dial. And not from the back light.
But if that the case shining a flashlight on the area would illuminate the red area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning after I read the comments, I knew I had a redline but I went out in the garage to check and with the engine off I found no evidence of the redline, so I started up. After a bit of the boot up process the red appeared. I would never would have noticed without this thread raising my curiosity.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

BiGMaC

Quote from: Larrylu on March 21, 2014, 01:08:00 PM

This morning after I read the comments, I knew I had a redline but I went out in the garage to check and with the engine off I found no evidence of the redline, so I started up. After a bit of the boot up process the red appeared. I would never would have noticed without this thread raising my curiosity.

Good find, way to go Larry... and question answered!  Start your cars guys!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

2010SHOtime

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 21, 2014, 01:42:20 PM

Mine doesn't have it when I'm driving. It never shows up.
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

SHOdded

Is your PCM up to date?  Maybe the latest updates include that redline feature?  Could Torrie add that in?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2010SHOtime

Quote from: SHOdded on March 21, 2014, 02:50:37 PM
Is your PCM up to date?  Maybe the latest updates include that redline feature?  Could Torrie add that in?

I'm not sure if the PCM is upto date or not. I bought the car in November from Chrysler so I'm not too sure. How would I check something like that? I'll have to ask Torrie if he has seen this before and if that can be added?
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

Larrylu

Quote from: 2010SHOtime on March 21, 2014, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 21, 2014, 01:42:20 PM

Mine doesn't have it when I'm driving. It never shows up.

Bet you find out that it should. I think something must be wrong.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

FracaSHO

Here's a pic of my tach. It clearly has red at 6,500 rpm and does shift at 6,500. I have a semi early model though. It rolled off the line in December 2009.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

mval

fraca:
is the color of your gauge white or blue? mine is blue. i wonder if that has something to do with it.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen