• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Seriously considering this ...

Started by SwampRat, March 17, 2014, 11:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

I suggest anyone considering wrap your car with vinyl talk to steve about it. All I know it's very expensive and didn't sound durable at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SwampRat

Quote from: SwampRat on March 17, 2014, 11:55:58 PM
Matte Gray Plasti Dipping my SHO ...

Gonna get it done in a few weeks and post pics .
The place Im going to have do this  is going to do a matte clear coat on top as well to make it more durable .
I though about doing it myself but changed my mind .

All of the chrome trim and lower body plastic trim as well .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

MeanKS

i was thinking about plasti dipping my undercladding a true black vs the dark gary/matte black on the MKS.  or ask the dealer about the body colored cladding replacement.  I'm sure thats very expensive...
MKS-EB...

Joleat

DRII,

My MKS has the EcoBoost Appearance Package and all of the trim is already painted to match. You may be lucky enough to find color-matched pieces on Car-Parts.com or somewhere similar. For the rear bumper, it would probably be easier to just have it sprayed.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

dalum

Every time Plastidip comes up all I want is a bright orange SHO!
2013 Non-PP SHO

SwampRat

Quote from: dalum on March 18, 2014, 07:43:47 PM
Every time Plastidip comes up all I want is a bright orange SHO!
Maybe Canary Yellow ?

2021 Edge ST

MeanKS

Quote from: Joleat on March 18, 2014, 05:40:50 PM
DRII,

My MKS has the EcoBoost Appearance Package and all of the trim is already painted to match. You may be lucky enough to find color-matched pieces on Car-Parts.com or somewhere similar. For the rear bumper, it would probably be easier to just have it sprayed.

did your's come with the 10 spoke wheels?  i didn't like the 10 spoke wheels as much as the 11 spoke premium wheels, which is why i avoided the MKS with the red 'S' on the back, but has body colored cladding which i wanted.

i also asked Maaco about painting the cladding, when i went to get the vinyl stripes on my car removed, they said its not worth painting the under cladding because of all the nicks and scrapes it would take.  i was thinking that plastidip may hold up better than enamel...
MKS-EB...

281Thunder

Plastidip is awesome stuff! I've had my rear chrome stuff and front grille/LED bar trims done for almost 2 years now, wheels have been done for 1 year. After a good wash it all still looks new. Friend of mine did his faded black C5 Vette with fading chrome wheels...afterwards...matte red with anthracite wheels. Pretty amazing stuff.
2011 SHO

Joleat

Quote from: DRII on March 18, 2014, 10:09:21 PM
Quote from: Joleat on March 18, 2014, 05:40:50 PM
DRII,

did your's come with the 10 spoke wheels?  i didn't like the 10 spoke wheels as much as the 11 spoke premium wheels, which is why i avoided the MKS with the red 'S' on the back, but has body colored cladding which i wanted.

i also asked Maaco about painting the cladding, when i went to get the vinyl stripes on my car removed, they said its not worth painting the under cladding because of all the nicks and scrapes it would take.  i was thinking that plastidip may hold up better than enamel...

Yep, I have the 10-spoke wheels. I actually like them better than the other available factory wheels for the MKS, but different strokes for, well, you know. I searched for six months before I found my car. I had to drive 5 hours away to get it and it was all because I wanted Tuxedo Black and the EcoBoost Appearance Package. I love the factory smoked headlights.

BTW, I picked up a can of matte black Plasti Dip today. If the weather is nice enough, I plan to experiment with some trim pieces this weekend. I'll be sure to post pictures. On another unrelated note, I was finally able to get the windows tinted today. There is a surprising lack of tint shops that operate on weekends in my area, so I left work early to get it done. My project is slowly coming together...
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SwampRat

2021 Edge ST

Joleat

Quote from: SwampRat on March 19, 2014, 12:50:17 AM
:offtopic: :jacked: :jacked:

Calm down, grandpa! I mentioned Plasti Dip in my last reply too! Everyone seems to be overly sensitive around here lately, lol.