• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Weather Tech Trunk Liner

Started by panther427, March 16, 2014, 07:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

Does anyone have the trunk liner. Does it cover the entire trunk floor or just the lower section like the Ford accesory?? Photos?  This is for the Taurus specificly
2013 SHO

Bigb13

I bought one thinking it was going to cover the entire floor, but unfortunately it does not. It only covers the top of the spare tire well.
2014 Ford Taurus SHO PP Tuxedo Black Metallic

Joleat

I know you asked about the WeatherTech brand specifically, but if something happens that you decide to look around, I've attached a few pictures of the Husky Liners mats that I have in my MKS. The trunk mat and rear mat fit great, the front two mats seem to be about an inch shy of being long enough, so there is a gap between the floor and the mat at the base of each front seat. It's fairly annoying, as stuff can drop into the crack, but they're still much better than any off-the-shelf universal floor mats. My original reason for going with Husky Liners over WeatherTech was that the driver side front mat from WeatherTech has a hole in it where the hook secures the mat. The Husky Liners mat has a molded bump that fits over the hook and keeps the mat from moving. I figured not having a hole in my floor mat would be better than having a hole in my floor mat, lol.

Please disregard all of the white speckles you see in the pictures. I normally keep the car much cleaner, haha. Yesterday, it was 70 degrees and sunny. This evening, it's 25 degrees and pouring the snow.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

panther427

Thanks to both of you for your quick replys. That helps me make a choice.
2013 SHO

FracaSHO

My SHO had the husky liners when I bought it (used).  The husky liners have spikes on the bottom of the front and rear liners. Almost ripped the back seat getting them in and out and almost cut my finger washing them. Poor design choice. I went with weather tech for the front and rear. But I did keep the husky trunk liner since it does cover the entire trunk area and doesn't have any spikes.  As someone who has experience with both I would say go with weather tech for inside the car, and husky for the trunk.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Joleat

The spikes on the Husky Liners serve double duty. Not only do they keep your mats from sliding around, but you can also use them to aerate your lawn!
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SHOdded

Quote from: Joleat on March 17, 2014, 11:25:55 AM
The spikes on the Husky Liners serve double duty. Not only do they keep your mats from sliding around, but you can also use them to aerate your lawn!
LOL
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Joleat

One could also turn them upside-down and place them on kitchen countertops to serve as a cat deterrent.