• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

I looked at some of 4DRs vids with Torque embedded in the feed to compare speed.

OBDLink is much faster.

FoMoCoSHO

So I'm gonna bump this. I've grown tired of Torque's speed and lack of customization with the gauges. I really want something that looks good and flows with the interior so I started playing with OBDLINK again. They don't have the PIDs that we are used to but it was easy enough to fix using Torque to grab the pids I wanted and enter manually. No HP or Torque gauges but lets get real, they aren't terribly accurate anyway. My plan is to start using the accelorometer to gauge changes going forward. I think that may give more repeatable and comparable performance stats

A couple of things for anyone who wants to play....

Make sure you connect to the vehicle first....if you don't see your VIN, TRY again! Why? Well if you don't do this your pids won't respond correctly.

Also, build and test your PIDS while connected to the vehicle before committing to the final gauge. Otherwise you will break the gauge and have to fix some settings.

Once you build a gauge that you like, make sure you save it so you don't have to start over every time. I currently have a base radial, digital, and inlay that I'm using.

The refresh rate is pretty fast and you can see the camera caught it in pic 3.

I'm using my tach as the look I'm going for. Still have some details to work out but I think it's coming along nicely.

wasinger3000

I'll have to see if I can do the same on the iOS version. I like it though, I've been using the MX wi-if with dash command (with ford PID package) and I love how quickly the data is supplied.

Just hate the lack of gauge modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 16, 2016, 12:24:59 PM
I'll have to see if I can do the same on the iOS version. I like it though, I've been using the MX wi-if with dash command (with ford PID package) and I love how quickly the data is supplied.

You have to learn to program the tuxedo layout if you want to retain speed in DC. If you try to build gauges, you add a translation layer that makes it as slow as Torque.
I'm learning but it is SLOW and not something most will want to screw with. No matter what I build though, someone won't be happy, lol...

FoMoCoSHO

I'm working on the bezels now to see how close i can get them....

FoMoCoSHO

Combined both Lambda gauges to one combo, added accelerometer, got the bezel appearance pretty close.

Now if I could just get my damn camera phone to cooperate....

AJP turbo

Thats pretty cool...so remind me again...that is on your tablet thing via bluetooth from the obd thing that transmits? Or is it the lock pick thing performed on ur factory screen?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 16, 2016, 02:08:08 PM
Thats pretty cool...so remind me again...that is on your tablet thing via bluetooth from the obd thing that transmits? Or is it the lock pick thing performed on ur factory screen?
This is on my tablet but if I get the lockpick then I can throw it to my NAV screen.

This is actually the software that comes with the OBDMX bluetooth dongle.

ZSHO

That sure looks sweet FoMoCo,definetely need to get the lock pick and have it installed on the Navi screen for a nice custom look IMO,took mine apart twice and let me know if more info is needed.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2016, 12:29:33 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 16, 2016, 12:24:59 PM

You have to learn to program the tuxedo layout if you want to retain speed in DC. If you try to build gauges, you add a translation layer that makes it as slow as Torque.
I'm learning but it is SLOW and not something most will want to screw with. No matter what I build though, someone won't be happy, lol...

Sounds like a project that might cause a free time deficit in my life... 

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

FoMoCoSHO

The little arrows at the ends of the needles are actually the min/max carrots for the gauges

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2016, 05:10:52 PM
The little arrows at the ends of the needles are actually the min/max carrots for the gauges

I like it. What process did you use to add knock?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 16, 2016, 05:41:18 PM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2016, 05:10:52 PM

I like it. What process did you use to add knock?

I used the same pid that can be found in the torque pid thread. One of the pids didn't work so I'm still troubleshooting it.

FoMoCoSHO

Both KR formulas are working now. I must've fat fingered something.

AWD pids are giving me angst now.

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2016, 07:57:10 PM
I must've fat fingered something.

I fat fingered something on valentines day
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress