• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Have you guys tried out the free OBDLINK download?

It is not as user friendly as Torque but it makes up for it with better customization options.

You can name your gauges, create custom bezels, Adjust Font and size, 2 color backgrounds, fully adjustable sizes, fully adjustable color palate, etc.

And holee sheeot it is fast, it polls the ECM much quicker than torque!

Fuel trims are a prime example, there is WAY more activity visible.

It reads freeze frame data, and has full graphing capability with the logs including 3 "triggers" for starting the logs.

It does not show AFR, only lambda.

It does not have some things like WHP, or WTQ, but they can be added as it can do custom pids.

There is a PID reader also, but I haven't messed with it.

I will get a pic up when I'm finished building the gauges, I'm hoping I can get them to match the OEM gauges pretty well.

Gauge and dashboard import/export info added to page 5

SwampRat

I'll give it a wirl , sounds interesting for sure . Ive got the MX , just not enough time to do everything I want to , busy with parts lately . Wrenching is the easy part .. Diagnostic and OBD stuff needs for me to have a GOOD nights rest and Quiet time to decipher it all .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

It is not as user friendly as Torque but it makes up for it with better customization options.

You can name your gauges, create custom bezels, Adjust Font and size, 2 color backgrounds, fully adjustable sizes, fully adjustable color palate, etc.

It reads freeze frame data, and has full graphing capability with the logs including 3 "triggers" for starting the logs.

It does not have some things like WHP, or WTQ, but they can be added as it can do custom pids.

I will get a pic up when I'm finished building the gauges, I'm hoping I can get them to match the OEM gauges pretty well.
Great find.... do you have a direct link?... please... lamda is OK, right?, just keep it about 1 for 100% gas at cruise/idle and at/above .8 for WOT?   use the corrections 4DR posted if your and E85 blender.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 15, 2014, 01:18:26 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Great find.... do you have a direct link?... please... lamda is OK, right?, just keep it about 1 for 100% gas at cruise/idle and at/above .8 for WOT?   use the corrections 4DR posted if your and E85 blender.

The OBDMX adapter comes with the software on disk with an install key for windows and android OS.

http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

I just went to google play and downloaded.

It only works with the MX so no license is needed.

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 15, 2014, 01:33:09 AM

I haven't used it yet , so the license key on the disk is only needed for a Windows install ?

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

I Googled the site and it works on most windows, android, iPhone, and iPad.... YAY!  I can use it with over the air downloads, so no disc or backing up cluttering my computer, and MX WiFi which is way faster than Bluetooth.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obdsol/obdlink-mx-wifi-a-wireless-gateway-to-vehicle-obd

Plus it's right here in phoenix!

Thanks FoMoCo!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SwampRat on March 15, 2014, 01:37:29 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 15, 2014, 01:33:09 AM

I haven't used it yet , so the license key on the disk is only needed for a Windows install ?
Correct.

I have not tried the windows disc it came with.

I was so excited about Torque when I got the MX I forgot about it.

It can be a serious PITA to make all the gauges look the same when you start changing stuff. You will want to write variables down so you can duplicate easily. I wish you could build a gauge and clone it.

Of course it's possible I just haven't figured out how, lol.

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 15, 2014, 01:41:40 AM
I Googled the site and it works on most windows, android, iPhone, and iPad.... YAY!  I can use it with over the air downloads, so no disc or backing up cluttering my computer, and MX WiFi which is way faster than Bluetooth.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obdsol/obdlink-mx-wifi-a-wireless-gateway-to-vehicle-obd

Direct link to wifi OBDMX

http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mxwf.html

The one I have is bluetooth  version  ,  eitber way these two are the best on the market with the fastest data transfer rates than any other OBDII wireless units available.

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 15, 2014, 01:41:40 AM

Thanks FoMoCo!
Yeah, I may have to get the WIFI version for the speed, but the gauge refresh is so fast now that extra speed may be of no use. Logging however, is a different story.

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 15, 2014, 01:18:26 AM
Thought I'd link 4DR's post in here:  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=354.msg33398#msg33398
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

I figured out how to save and load gauge templates simplifying the process greatly.

From the style menu hit the three dot option button on the top right corner and select save template.

then when you start a new gauge, you can select the same button and hit load template which will then give you a selection of stock gauges and your custom created ones.

FoMoCoSHO

Attached is my first attempt at gauge creation. Lots of blue to match our gauges but hard to see.

Stupid crappy Droid camera.

10 megapixels of FAIL!

DJE624

FoMoCoSHO

Just a heads up for those considering wifi vs bluetooth.

The bluetooth version connects at 500kBAUD and the maximum speed of our CAN network is 500 kBps which is exactly the same.

OBDLink does a much better job of utilizing this speed.