• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bumper Plugs

Started by DJE624, January 15, 2014, 01:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

If you plan on taking your front plate off, I highly recommend these guys!

bumperplugs.com

BiGMaC

Definitely a major bang for the buck and easy mod that makes a world of improvement! :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

FWIW, you can make you own very cheaply.

I made a set for approximately $1, and installed them onto my Mazda. Home Depot sells nylon filler plugs, found in the hardware aisle parts bins. Once installed, there's no discernable difference between the nylon plugs from HD and the plugs from bumperplugs.com. I had my set on the car for years, and also had a set to fill the pilot holes for the rear deck lid emblem when I deleted it. Held up great.

By the way, anybody have experience with a riveted, dealer installed (I assume)plate mount/holder? I can't figure out how to remove mine. I've only ever seen screws/bolts. This rivet crap is new to me...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

DJE624

You have to drill them out.

IHeartGroceries

I was afraid of that. :/

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

black99lightning

I had to get a set for my Shelby.  Who in the hell drills holes in the bumpers of GT500s?  But they look good and from a distance can't tell they're there.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

DJE624

Thanks.  But I have to give credit to Lanson (I think).  I was very happy to hear about these.  Front plates ugly up a car.

vernonator

So do you remove the front plate just for shows or all the time? Around here no front plate = visit with the next LE that passes you.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

Kolk1

I used the plugs from Home Depot, then painted them with Ford touch up paint.

We are supposed to have front plates here, but I havent ran them since I moved back here 12 years ago.

DJE624

Quote from: vernonator on April 04, 2014, 08:36:05 AM
So do you remove the front plate just for shows or all the time? Around here no front plate = visit with the next LE that passes you.

No, it's semi-permanently off.  I can put it back on with a trip to the dealer to rivet the holder back on.  So far, I've been lucky the past few months.

donky4444

Luckily Michigan doesn't require a front plate and when I bought my SHO used it had been a Michigan car from day 1 so it didn't have the bracket on it.  My wife's MKX had it on when we bought the car so I just left it.  That is until we got hit by a stupid driver not paying attention.  The minor damage made the body shop remove and repaint the front bumper cover so I had them remove the plate and fill in the holes before repainting it.  It's so much nicer that way.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

Fordmanmorgan

If you need to have front plates like I do in MO I went with big mikes performance parts sto n sho. It sits low on the car but is removable with the pull of a pin. The only problem is if you have a drive that has a slight angle to it will drag. Was able to have the dealer install it before they drilled into the bumper.
Morgan

2014 Fusion SE 2.0 EB
2013 Taurus SEL 3.7
1993 Mustang 2.3