• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Griding noise in the front end.

Started by SHO n GO, March 13, 2014, 09:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO n GO

Hey guys ive noticed when on snow and i get the rear end to step out on the SHO i get this nasty grinding noise from the front end. It happens with the TCS on or off. Any ideas of what it could be? The first time i thought it was a tire catching dry pavement but after it happened two other times on solid ice it has let me to wonder what it is.
2013 non PP
Livernois 93 tune, 3bar, t-stat, K&n drop in filter, tsw nurburings
Best pass to date with sho- 12.54 @ 113

SHOdded

Stability control applying brake pressure upon detection of wheelspin?  A rapid on/off could cause that grinding/crunching sound.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHO n GO

That could be it. Also i noticed if i dont try to correct the slide it dosent do it only when i turn the wheels to correct it will crunch/grind.
2013 non PP
Livernois 93 tune, 3bar, t-stat, K&n drop in filter, tsw nurburings
Best pass to date with sho- 12.54 @ 113