• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Leaking some sort of fluid, help

Started by SHO n GO, March 12, 2014, 07:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO n GO

Alrighty guys i have a 2013 taurus SHO, i was backing into my driveway today with fresh snow on the ground and noticed a line up the middle of my drive of green good sized drips. What fluid can this be? First thing i thought was coolant yes i know but the coolant in my car is orange. Just wanted to see what answers you guys have before i climb under there and check.  I snapped a picture. Crappy cell phone pic but that is a bright green like coolant colored.
2013 non PP
Livernois 93 tune, 3bar, t-stat, K&n drop in filter, tsw nurburings
Best pass to date with sho- 12.54 @ 113

SwampRat

Quote from: SHO n GO on March 12, 2014, 07:56:03 PM
Alrighty guys i have a 2013 taurus SHO, i was backing into my driveway today with fresh snow on the ground and noticed a line up the middle of my drive of green good sized drips. What fluid can this be? First thing i thought was coolant yes i know but the coolant in my car is orange. Just wanted to see what answers you guys have before i climb under there and check.  I snapped a picture. Crappy cell phone pic but that is a bright green like coolant colored.

Electric Power steering fluid leak .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHO n GO

Welp good thing for warrantys, only 16k miles ill go out and check my fluid level. Thanks for the answer!
2013 non PP

Frozen Taurus

Holy crap this could be my thread too.....I just noticed the exact same thing in my driveway when I backed in an hour or so ago ... what is it?
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

Joleat

Actually, the discoloration you're seeing is a product of the melted snow that hits your exhaust and the fine road salt particles that are sticking to your exhaust. I had this same fear with my previous vehicle. A quick web search yielded a lot of results confirming that there is no issue. It was definitely a scare for me when I first saw it though! I noticed it under my MKS this winter and didn't think twice about it. The factory exhaust on these cars doesn't provide much ground clearance.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SHO n GO

Hmmm it is right in the middle of the car where the exhuast runs down, i shinned a light under the car right away and didnt notice any green drips hanging down from anywhere. I also tried to look for the power steering resivor and didnt see it anywhere...will have to look into where that is.
2013 non PP

curry67

Its usually at the back of the engine bay and clearly marked but im not sure how to check lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Joleat

This thread may put your mind at ease. I'm not a scientist, and I don't play one on TV, but I think it's just a chemical reaction between the exhaust material, road salt, and snow.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/118604-neon-lime-greenyellow-fluid-leak-solved/
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

Frozen Taurus

Awesome ...thanks for digging that up
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

SHO n GO

Thanks for the link! It is probably that because i have put a small amount of each of the fluids found in my car on the snow and none match. Might swing by the dealer tomorrow and pick one of the techs brains about the color of electric power steering fluid, ptu fluid, and diff fluid. Those are the only ones i wasnt able to look at easily.
2013 non PP

SoCalSHO

Taste it! Just kidding, does it have any smell?
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

mjhpadi

Quote from: SwampRat on March 12, 2014, 08:00:27 PM
Quote from: SHO n GO on March 12, 2014, 07:56:03 PM

Electric Power steering fluid leak .

I didn't think electric power steering used fluid....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Brucelinc

I think Joleat is absolutely correct.  That substance in the snow does not look like any sort of fluid used for lubrication or cooling.

black99lightning

2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

SHO n GO

I did give it a sniff but didnt really smell anything. that might be due to the 30 mph winds, snow, 18 degrees, and that i have alittle cold. i dont see any green drips on my garage floor. I let my car run, turned the wheels lock to lock, pressed on the brakes, drove back and forth a few times. Must be the exhuast thingy.... Or alien blood haha
2013 non PP