• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Another way to skin the cat - dual DI pumps

Started by EcoPowerParts, March 12, 2014, 06:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 07, 2014, 07:10:40 PM
Quote from: walt460 on November 07, 2014, 01:59:14 PM500HP seems about the limit for the stock pump and injectors.

Calculating an approximate 23% drive train loss, my 617awhp pull places my SHO at, or just slightly over 800hp at the motor.

Furthermore, there were no changes to any portions of my fueling system to obtain that achievement.

Stock injectors, stock pumps (both LPFP & HPFP), stock rails, you name it. Stock stock stock.

In other words, the stock set up can handle the demands adequately and beyond. Just FYI.

That's not on anything CLOSE to resembling pump gas JUST FYI.

Updating the in tank pumps to allow for E85 allows people to run 600WHP (like me) on pump gas (E85), easy peasy. Just need the aux injector setup and a controller. :)
Hopefully ProEFI can finalize their controller this spring that will work on the truck and car and you'll see this vehicle open up for power mods. Aux injecting is the way to go with Ecoboosts.
Also according to ATP we both maxed out their turbos 604 for me, 618 for you is probably just the 3% difference you'll see between dynos. 26psi is the max you're getting out of the ATP turbo upgrades so if someone wants more than that it will take a custom turbo kit setup. I don't know how much an aftermarket IC would make a difference at those boost levels, would be fun to run a A/W setup to find out. I now have the facilities to do build a custom turbo kit in house with Black Market Racing but what's the demand? I would think almost none so for a small business like mine it's not worth the R&D to make it happen but giving people an option to run the ATP turbos with E85 is and I'm looking forward to being able to offer that turn key setup hopefully this spring or next summer depending on ProEFI's pace.
The thing about doing dual DI pumps that I was always scared about is how does the ECU control the 2nd spill valve if we parallel them up, will that just work or will there be problems, I don't have the funds or time to R&D that option and I was told by John Maddox that built the Ford racing motors that the injectors alone for DI setup were around $1500 each.... That makes the dual DI pump a no go to me.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

CroR1

$9,000 just for the injectors? Yes, I'm out too. Might be worth buying a different toy at that price. But honestly, with arp turbos and e85 with fuel controllers, that seems reasonable.