• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Exhaust CutOut

Started by SwampRat, March 01, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 23, 2013, 12:43:06 PM
This is a Sound and Performance boost activated cutout seen here:
http://www.spracingonline.com/store/SP_Exhaust_Cutout_3%5C___Boost_Activated_/3673

When over 6psi the cutout opens up - here's my video on it working on my stock downpipes with a bad H pipe install and on 91 octane tune at around 12psi. I haven't had a chance to test it yet with the new 23 psi tune. Previously this cutout picked up .2 and 2 MPH for me in the 1/4 mile in back to back testing. I like this versus a loud exhaust so I can have a quiet exhaust 99% of the time and loud when I want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT_zwVaXHwg

I had the work redone, it goes between the midpipe and the stock resonator, it replaces the 3rd cat. I had a vacuum solenoid installed so that when I don't want it to open the solenoid interrupts the vacuum/boost line to the cutout and stops it from opening.

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 05, 2014, 07:11:30 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 05, 2014, 05:21:32 PM
4DR, please apologize to PPE if there is drool on the cutout.

It's just something that happens spontaneously anytime I look at or handle it.
I wondered what those spots were. :)
Dropped it off today

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 15, 2014, 09:55:48 PM

Wonder if we should start an "Exhaust Cutout Thread" and move all these posts out of the DP threads?

Myself and others that  have been keeping tabs on this project are curious as to the progress that is being made on this cutout .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Nothing yet, other priorities right now.
The only way I can get Paul to move this to the front of the line would be to have 5 orders. If I can get commitment for 5 guys at an approximate $1000 price range with the boost activated cutout included I can probably get him to make them.
That price is my guess, I'll need to verify with Paul that I'm right with my approximation.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Josephm

Well shoot, that would be this years budget for mods, and would wipe out my plans of meth/t-stat/3 bar/downpipe
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SRT82ECOBOOST

Or you could do weld on exhaust cutouts for less than half the price?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 01, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
The only way I can get Paul to move this to the front of the line would be to have 5 orders. If I can get commitment for 5 guys at an approximate $1000 price range with the boost activated cutout included I can probably get him to make them.
That price is my guess, I'll need to verify with Paul that I'm right with my approximation.
I can make a down payment for half if need be .

2021 Edge ST

shogunal

So I was thinking about removing the 3rd Cat on my stock exhaust and installing an electric cutout. I have The 4+ LMS tune on the car, I decided to give LMS a call and see if this would affect the tune, they said it would. They recommended the Cat DPS, unfortunately I do not have $799  for the Catted DPs at this time. Has anyone here removed their 3rd cat on their stock exhaust and placed a cutout? And if so what problems (codes, tune, etc), and gains did you receive?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on March 01, 2014, 06:56:16 PM
I'm going to talk to Jeremy the place that originally made it to knock it off for you, PPE is going to take awhile, I'll have them make another one as well unless I get some more guys that want one. I'll make one more for me to have for PPE to copy and then sell.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 13, 2014, 03:45:42 PM
I'm going to talk to Jeremy the place that originally made it to knock it off for you, PPE is going to take awhile, I'll have them make another one as well unless I get some more guys that want one. I'll make one more for me to have for PPE to copy and then sell.

Sound Goods  .... pun intended !

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 13, 2014, 03:45:42 PM

Mike.... You know I want one.... (black ceramic coated to match the downpipes, of course)

That's why I paid the shipping to get the one you developed, and then sold to FoMoCoSHO, back here for Paul to copy.  :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

shogunal

OK so the only stupid question is the only one that isn't asked. At least that's what we say in the US Army. So I am ignorant on a lot of parts on my SHO. And I feel a bit stupid asking but who better to you folks with vast amounts of knowledge on this forum.  Attached is a Diagram of an 2010 SHO's exhaust system. As you can see in the diagram I have a question. I can see the 2x Catalytic converters but this 3rd piece has me dumbfounded. Is it a CC or muffler or what? Any help would be great because I just ordered a cutout and I think I maybe needing (2). I really do appreciate it, Thank You.

EcoPowerParts

That's a resonator, right after the 3rd cat.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

shogunal

FoMoCoSHO

4 DR, when you had the cutout on, did you leave the resonator in?

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 13, 2014, 08:29:40 PM
That's a resonator, right after the 3rd cat.
Knew that... Thanks...Guess the easiest thing may be to have Paul mod the DPs and add a flange to the CO. then revolt the ceramic.  I'll drive stock DPs while it's getting done... Gonna have him install anyway

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock