• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hotpipes Install on 2013 SHO

Started by BiGMaC, March 09, 2014, 03:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I use all hump pipes now except IC to TB pipe as it needs the extra length of a straight connector.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Josephm

On the hot pipes, is there a spot for meth? I thought i remember when there was a group buy up for these, that it was a option but i don't see it in the store?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

BiGMaC

Quote from: Josephm on March 14, 2014, 02:44:45 PM
On the hot pipes, is there a spot for meth? I thought i remember when there was a group buy up for these, that it was a option but i don't see it in the store?
I have not knowingly seen a set made that way... but it's a great idea for an option if it doesn't currently exist!
Maybe some Hotpipe and Meth users like bpd will chime in

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

I opted NOT to have a hole designed into my hot pipes.

I instead, drilled a hole into the bottom of the silicone hose, that is pre-TB.

Been working just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 27, 2014, 12:15:52 AM
I have not knowingly seen a set made that way... but it's a great idea for an option if it doesn't currently exist!
Maybe some Hotpipe and Meth users like bpd will chime in

Two pics of mine ... look a backside of TB inlet .

4DRHTRD's  Flex   with   Tial BOV and HotPipes
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

So there you have it joseph!  :icon_wink:
It looks like adding a Meth injection site to the hotpipes has been done both with and without special fabrication on the hotpipes.  SwampRat's HPs were originally 4DRs (who developed the pipes).  So I'd bet you could have it done if you asked  him for it in the fab.

Thanks guys.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

svt54

I bought a set of these used from a buddy who traded in his SHO. I plan to install them this weekend on my EB Flex. The set I bought has the Tial BOV. Can someone who has the Tial setup tell me where you spliced for the vacuum reference on the BOV?
2010 Flex Ecoboost - Tuned by Torrie / 3 bar MAP / NGK plugs / EPP hard pipes w/ Tial BOV / Megan Coilovers
2015 Flex non EB - the wife's

ZSHO

svt54 if you would be kind enough to follow the new members INTRO section simply by following this link and Due post some pic'a of your current setup.  Z http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html BTW there are a couple of ways off doing it but found it much easier tapping into the brake vacuum line using a 3/8 brass tee barb and will have some good pic's for ya tomorrow morning cause it has been a long day,think SHOdded was the only one to see my setup in person,thanks.  Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

For those that removed the stock charge pipe, what are those plastic band clamps that couple the hoses to the plastic charge pipe? How are they installed/tightened/removed?? Are they physically attached to the hoses or could I dremel them off and replace with SS liner clamps?
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

MiWiAu

Quote from: metroplex on February 01, 2017, 04:57:25 PM
For those that removed the stock charge pipe, what are those plastic band clamps that couple the hoses to the plastic charge pipe? How are they installed/tightened/removed?? Are they physically attached to the hoses or could I dremel them off and replace with SS liner clamps?

They are not serviceable; Permanently molded clamps.

I had the same style clamps on the SHO intake piping I bought to install the AJP boost regulator on my XSport.

Long story short, you can use a Dremel cutoff wheel and carefully cut through them. I cut about 90% of the way through and stuck a flat blade screwdriver into the slot. A firm twist will separate the remaining plastic and leave the hose unharmed. Replace with your choice of clamp. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ZSHO

X2 they R not serviceable and would say the plastic band to be the weak point of the intake charge pipes and AFAIK are susceptible to leak and split sooner then later and the very reason i went with the PPE Hotpipes from Mike.B  at www.ecopowerparts.comfrom pics below.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

metroplex

Thanks guys.

Any idea on the size of the hose OD? I have a bunch of liner clamps, just want to make sure I have the right size. Would it be about 2" OD?

The EPP Hot Pipes look great, but I'd be more concerned if the rubber hose constantly tears apart or if the plastic charge pipes split apart and would consider the EPP hot pipes at that point.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

ZSHO

I believe its a 2"IDX1.5"ID (Hump) Hose coupler needed based on video below.  Z
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYO3XFt0bZU#]! No longer available]! No longer available

ZSHO

I found this thread to be almost as articulate and extensive as bpd1151!.  LOL.  Z