• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hotpipes Install on 2013 SHO

Started by BiGMaC, March 09, 2014, 03:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Thanks Mike .... don't forget the pics of your new wheels when thy arrive!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Quote from: mval on March 10, 2014, 11:12:26 AM
tom:
great writeup for sure & a beautiful set of pipes. swrat- got to have pics when you get it done in red with the painting i've done under the hood this would put the the look of the engine completely over the top & I love over the top.
mikev

Here they are ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

I like the idea of custom charge pipes but mine will have to be black or silver.  If I had a blue SHO,  maybe blue would be alright.

FracaSHO

Excellent write up, very detailed.  I assume I can use for my 2010 if I decide on hot pipes?

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on March 11, 2014, 01:11:54 AM
Excellent write up, very detailed.  I assume I can use for my 2010 if I decide on hot pipes?

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

The PPE hotpipes should fit 2010 and up and the install should be good also... minor differences likely...... 
Enjoy!  :thumb:  You feel faster even if your not...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

bigmoneycloser

This thread is like torture for me...
Lol
Have a great day... Off to the jet plane..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 09, 2014, 06:28:42 PM
Very nice illustration..
Two questions...
Is there any reason to believe the metal hot pipes would aid in "heat-soak"???
Also, really really wish I could get these for the xsport....

No objective evidence exists that metal pipes help with heat soak... In daily driving anything will become heat saturated over time.  In going to the black thermal ceramic coating (only available in black... just happened to match the scheme I doing) I hope to delay heat soak as well as speed radiation of the heat from the pipes (faster cool off)... it's a cat and mouse game in the relatively closed SHO engine bay.  Still no performance gain or loss is really anticipated beyond prevention of boost leaks. 
BTW, I'm considering having the raised center of my hood modified to have a 1" cowl vent  to let the engine compartment breath better... then we'll see.  I don't notice anything during the 10 days or so that I've had them on.

I'm sure that they could be fabbed for the Xsport.... It would just be needed here in Phoenix for a couple of days. I've worked with Paul on adjusting fitment and it's painless... You'd have a "one of" ... at least for a while!

SwampRat

I found something that I think would be a good addition to the HotPipe Kit  and polish the look up even more.

It took a lot of digging and I think these will work , 4DR can let us know for sure .

The 4 Large Clamps that are very visible on top are the ones that I want to change .
The two going into the TB and the two on the drivers side top .
I think I think they are 2.5" and 3" clamps , at least I hope so.

They are Proflow 150 silicon hose clamps
The clamps I have found are only available in Australia and are made there.
This website sells these and ships to the US and they take PayPal.

They are available in Red , Black , Blue and Silver

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Personally love the clamps Mike has included.  more secure... maybe just take them and paint them red or blue, etc.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on March 14, 2014, 01:00:54 AM
I found something that I think would be a good addition to the HotPipe Kit  and polish the look up even more.

It took a lot of digging and I think these will work , 4DR can let us know for sure .

The 4 Large Clamps that are very visible on top are the ones that I want to change .
The two going into the TB and the two on the drivers side top .
I think I think they are 2.5" and 3" clamps , at least I hope so.

They are Proflow 150 silicon hose clamps
The clamps I have found are only available in Australia and are made there.
This website sells these and ships to the US and they take PayPal.

They are available in Red , Black , Blue and Silver

You guys are welcome to customize your kits however you want but I can't increase the price of the kit any more, it's already expensive in my opinion. the clamps I include work very well and are cost effective, great combination. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

I found something that I think would be a good addition to the HotPipe Kit  and polish the look up even more. They are available in Red , Black , Blue and Silver

Pretty but...Personally love the stainless clamps that Mike includes with the kit now as they are better made for hose clamps... the hinges are an engineering weakness as are the oval cutouts... just take them and paint them red or blue, etc. if you want.... or get custom made for your preferences if you want them.... or have a different scheme. Solid performance and a balance between cost effectiveness and appearance were clearly the goals the goals of the kit.

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 14, 2014, 01:22:59 AM

You guys are welcome to customize your kits however you want but I can't increase the price of the kit any more, it's already expensive in my opinion. the clamps I include work very well and are cost effective, great combination. :)

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 14, 2014, 01:25:28 AM
I found something that I think would be a good addition to the HotPipe Kit  and polish the look up even more. They are available in Red , Black , Blue and Silver

Personally love the stainless clamps that Mike includes with the kit now as they are better made for hose clamps... the hinges are an engineering weakness as are the oval cutouts... just take them and paint them red or blue, etc. if you want.... or get custom made for your preferences if you want them.... or have a different scheme

I was'nt suggesting these be added to your kit , It was meant to be considered as something others may consider to do on there own .

4DR What are the sizes of the clamps that I mentioned ?

BigMac , I disagree with you on the structural integrity of these clamps .  If I can get them in the correct size I will try them .

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Understand completely.  Thanks  for the opinion.... trying things is what modding is about for sure,  Sorry to confuse... didn't mean that the clamps were structurally unsound. My comment was actually not about the strength of those clamps, but their function in the application. I still must point out the engineering weakness in a hose clamp that doesn't completely and equally compress the entire circumference of a connection of a hose between two hard surfaces given the motion of our engines anterior to posterior (which the hump hoses are designed to compensate for) from the start of tightening such as the ones you posted as well as the limitations on the amount of force that can be applied to the entire circumference when the object of the kit is no boost leaks including hose failure. Let's just agree to disagree on this point.

Illustrations of the difference with full circumference compression from the initial application can be seen in the pic I posted and here in the install:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2248.msg32460#msg32460

for more on these clamps info likely is best found here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2113.msg33365#msg33365

Let's move on to constructive & on topic posting and let everyone just decide rather than anyone post repetitively... Cheers, NHF :beer2:

EcoPowerParts

The clamps I buy are ordered by silicone tubing size, makes it easy for me if I need a 2.5" silicone hose clamp that's what I order. :)
I've tried the whole order a size bigger scenario and ended up with a crap ton of extra clamps :D
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ONLYA6

I belief the clamps and couplers in the kits are from siliconeintakes. I have been using there stuff for over 10 years now any never had a problem. I swapped out couplers at the intercooler and TB with hump couplers to give a little more flex at as the motor moves when I installed my kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq