• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Will Ford only turn brakes or replace rotors

Started by Shonuff1140, March 23, 2014, 08:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonuff1140

About to take my car in and my Taurus is still under bumper to bumper and Extended service plan. Ford will obviously replace the pads if out of speck, but will they replace the rotors or only turn them?

pauly_gxp

• Backing Plates
• Brake Booster (Power)
• Calipers
• Combination Valve
• Master Cylinder
• Metal Lines and Fittings
• Parking Brake
Linkage and Cables
• Retainers and Clips
• Self-Adjusters
• Shaft (Brake Pedal)
• Springs
• Wheel Cylinders

If I am not mistaken, brake pads and rotors would be normal wear items and would not be covered by extended service.  Here is the extended service information.  I would guess it only covers brake failure parts listed above.

http://owner.ford.com/Storage/mfMmediaFile/FordESPBaseCare.pdf

Shonuff1140

It should be covered by the bumper to bumper though right?

MeanKS

Quote from: chad1140 on March 24, 2014, 09:49:59 AM
It should be covered by the bumper to bumper though right?

i had my left front rotors and calipers replaced under warranty.  however, it was a known TSB issue for my year MKS...
MKS-EB...

pauly_gxp

I suppose it would depend on several factors (mileage, dealership, etc), but my gut feeling is you will be paying for pads and rotors if needed.  JMO...  Seems to me if they are wearing normally, pads and rotors would be regular wear and tear items not covered by warranty.

bpd1151

I had 3 sets of factory rotors, all / each replaced under warranty.

Up 'til I went beyond mileage.

There was a TSB for warped rotors on the 2010's, which I think was extended into 2011 & 12 years respectively.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SoCalSHO

They are covered under the premium maintenance plan(ESP), if you have that.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

They will turn or replace the disc as needed, depending on thickness and run out.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Ask for oem parts, not the replacement parts. Probably be a price difference, but I believe they are thicker pads.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

FoMoCoSHO

It should be outlined in your warranty manual.

That being said, the advisor next to me says some are 12/12000, some are 12/18000 depending on the model.

From my experience though, good dealerships will turn your rotors and/or replace pads as a goodwill gesture even if you're technically out, unless they find signs of abuse.

I just noticed you have a 2011.

If your car is having the issues covered by the TSB, and it hasn't already been done I would imagine they will handle it.