• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Steeda Fusion Sport ... at a dealer near You

Started by SwampRat, March 08, 2014, 10:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Ive always been a fan of the  Steeda / Roush  / Saleen / Shelby  modified Fords.

Too bad none of these will do a SHO  ...  sigh

But , check this out ...

http://www.steeda.com/vehicles/fusion/

Kinda Cool ! !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

geswek

Steeda should never be grouped with the others--they are nothing compared to Shelby and Roush.

I wouldn't buy their crap -- rather just build my car the way I want it then pay overprice for their stuff. They got a lot of flak on Focus forum when they came out with parts for the new generation Focus (prior to ST being released).

DJE624

I really dig it.  I had some Steeda on my old Fusion.  It would be nice if they offered some sway bars at least.  I do wonder about their reference to a "cold air kit".  I would bet it is more of a short ram.

SwampRat

Damn , geswek .... kinda ruff on em.

The point is that at least there are a few EB vehicles that the OEM modifiers are doing .
It has NEVER been about " bang for the buck " with any  of these  Brands.
It is about eye-candy and curb apeal.
I for one appreciate that , and that is why they SELL....
Because they stand out from the crowd.

Steeda also has  a Focus ST and Fiesta in there line up.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on March 08, 2014, 10:23:28 PM
Steeda should never be grouped with the others--they are nothing compared to Shelby and Roush.

I wouldn't buy their (censored) -- rather just build my car the way I want it then pay overprice for their stuff.

I agree with you geswek.  I get what SW says as describing the market and appreciate that each has their own tastes.  I also acknowledge that some are sweet (excluding Stage I and II of Rousch). I believe the most important thing about them is showing me the potential that exists in a given ride...

For me the fun of it all is researching a mod, sourcing what you need, making the mod, and having pride in what you have accomplished personalizing your vehicle.... I personally mod purely for my enjoyment, not conspicuous consumption. Just my thoughts

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Hope to see reviews of their stuff for the 13+ Fusion.  Particularly in the suspension/handling department.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

3POINT5

I like the idea. Every peformance part I had on my fusion SPORT was Steeda. I cant imagine the price upgrade from a already $35,000 car though. I know a lot of people dont like STEEDA but I never had any issues. I would like to see the price difference if you just bought the parts and did it yourself.
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

black99lightning

With the wheels and body kit, reminds me of a CLA.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

FoMoCoSHO

The only Steeda parts I bought for my gen 1 ST were some billet interior items.

After the 3rd lighter insert they sent fell apart I was done with them.