• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

anyone have any experience with Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires?

Started by MeanKS, March 12, 2014, 01:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanKS

i was going to get the Gmaxes after some very favorable reviews on the forum, but the tire shop guy said that many customers with larger cars had complained about those and was pushing the Toyos.  the price was basically the same installed ($766 vs $760).  i don't think he would pull a fast one on me for a measley 6 bucks.  the Toyos do have a longer treasd warranty (45K).

would have loved to get some Michilen Pilot Super Sports, but didn't want to shell out $1200 to $1400.

its not too late for me to change my mind, so any shared experience would be great...
MKS-EB...

thatsmrgimp2u

I haven't heard many good things from people running proxes in the past. I also had a local guy at a tire shop recommend those as well... He's a trustworthy fellow as far as I know but this makes me wonder if they get some sort of kickback moving those tires.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

MeanKS

yea, maybe...

the online reviews vary.  on treaddepot the Toyos are highly praised, but on tires101 the reviews are lower.
MKS-EB...

thatsmrgimp2u

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107