• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lucas upper cylinder lubricant ucl

Started by Old-gold, January 05, 2017, 11:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old-gold

I use lucas upper cylinder lubricant 4-5 oz prior every/other fillup on my other cars(older bmws). Is it ok and good to use in a 3.5 L ecoboost in a 2017 Explorer Platinum ? I am not sure if the engine is gen 1 or 2 and if any issues or benefits from its use in a car with 1500 miles and barely break-in. Car will be stock and use 87 octane from high volume Stations.
17 Explorer
07 X3
Past:
06 X5
13 Wrangler Unlimited

SHOdded

wasinger can probably answer that question, he has tried a few of those products. 
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3121.msg46416.html#msg46416

Marvel Mystery Oil apparently works very well also, it is used by SHOnUup
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6166.msg96292.html#msg96292

I do not have an EB vehicle, but TC-W3 does make a considerable difference particularly in the wintertime.  About 4.5 oz per tankful of gas, your EB may need a bit more or less, start with 4 oz if you go this route.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Dunno if it's okay or not, but after I had a stuck fuel injector back in late October, I started using Amsoil HP Marine TC-W3 in my Explorer. For every 4-4.5 gal of fuel, I add 1 oz of oil, which is a 512-576:1 fuel to oil ratio. I use the enhanced trip meter to determine the amount of fuel used since last fill up and add oil to target 512:1. When I top off the tank, it will usually take a tad more fuel than what was indicated in the enhanced trip meter (making it slightly more diluted than the 512:1 ratio).

Been running like this for about 4300 mi, but can't really claim any increase in fuel mileage or idle improvements. No kablooey as of yet...
2013 XSport

SHOdded

C'mon, guys!  Don't hesitate to spill the recipe on your secret potions :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Old-gold on January 05, 2017, 11:44:26 PM
I use lucas upper cylinder lubricant 4-5 oz prior every/other fillup on my other cars(older bmws). Is it ok and good to use in a 3.5 L ecoboost in a 2017 Explorer Platinum ? I am not sure if the engine is gen 1 or 2 and if any issues or benefits from its use in a car with 1500 miles and barely break-in. Car will be stock and use 87 octane from high volume Stations.
IDK about the XPLAT but the SHO has special break in oil that I was advised NOT to mess with until 4K miles per the Ford hotline.