• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO totally dead - security issue?

Started by bobback, March 10, 2014, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobback

Was out on vaca last week and dog sitter had to move car.  Went to move car back a few days later and car was totally dead; zip, zilch, nada.  Couldn't / can't even use the fob (both fobs) to unlock doors.

I put a battery charger on and alarm instantly sounds.

Will call dealer in a bit, any suggestions?  Car has a remote start but that was installed in Nov. and has been working fine.

bpd1151

Battery.

How old is it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

bobback

Original battery and about 48k miles on car.

Can't be battery as when I put a charger on it the car alarm sounds and I can't turn off.

Joleat

My first thought is that this was caused by inexperience with the keyless start. I'm thinking they either put the car in accessory mode and the battery went dead or just forgot to shut it off completely and it ran out of gas and the battery went dead. I've almost hopped out of the car on a couple of occasions with it still running. It was hard to get in the routine of not having a key.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

bobback

Car has plenty of gas.

BATTERY IS NOT DEAD!...as if it was dead, when I put the charger on, the alarm would not sound; right? 

Joleat

Doesn't the fact that the alarm sounds after you put the battery charger on just reinforce the notion that the battery may be dead(low)? What happens when the battery charger is on, the alarm is sounding, and you hop in and try to start the car? Have you tried to start it or are you assuming it will not start due to the alarm?
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

bobback

Thought of trying that so will go and try....

Yep, dead battery; I thought it was strange that alarm was sounding.  And correct, person that moved the car must have left in accessory mode when turned off.

Thanks!

TSS

^^ had the same experience with mine back in November.  Totally dead, completely.  Even tried putting the fob in the magic slot - nothing at all.  Nothing on DIC, no lit up gauges - nothing.  Deader than a door nail.   Battery was 3.5 years old - replaced it with an Interstate - all good now. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

mjhpadi

These batteries aren't lasting too long, apparently not the best are put in the car.  Also, I believe as others have stated that if the car was totally dead until you added the charger (electricity) then the alarm sounded, it would indicate that there was no power until you added some...points directly at the battery.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Joleat

Quote from: bobback on March 10, 2014, 09:05:59 AM
Thought of trying that so will go and try....

Yep, dead battery; I thought it was strange that alarm was sounding.  And correct, person that moved the car must have left in accessory mode when turned off.

Thanks!

I'm glad to hear your issue was easily resolved! If you just popped in to find a solution, you should consider sticking around in the community. This place is full of good people and good information.

curry67

So if you disconnect the battery the alarm goes off?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

donky4444

I had mine die while in the garage. I couldn't get it out of park to move it. I had to get creative with getting the wife's car close enough to hook up the cables.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

FoMoCoSHO

The moral of this story?

Never let anyone drive your SHO!

curry67

I dont understand why the cars alarm goes off when you disconnect the battery is that true if not. Why did you connect cables with the terminals still attached to car.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk