• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Power Steering Assist Fault

Started by MDesign Performance, February 09, 2014, 03:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: Spartn27 on March 03, 2014, 09:41:22 AM
$1450 later, the dealer swapped out the Steering Gear unit and (knock on wood) the car is back up and running. Only issue now is I do have one of my TPMS sensor that needs to get reprogrammed, fault is in the display (I thought they would take care of it) and the traction control light is still on for some reason. Will be contacting dealer to see what that could be, but Im guessing its from the low tire/TPMS fault code.
I'd be interested to hear some progress reports on performance and durability of the system from you... TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

MDesign Performance

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 03, 2014, 10:00:07 AM
I'd be interested to hear some progress reports on performance and durability of the system from you... TIA

Ill definitely keep you guys updated. As I was returning the steering gear for a core charge refund I decided to inspect the damaged part for any physical defects and then snapped a couple pics of what I found. Seems that the pothole might have done it in ???

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

IHeartGroceries

Stamped steel?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

DJE624

MDesign Performance

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 05, 2014, 07:04:51 PM
Stamped steel?

Not exactly sure, seems like the steering gear should be made out of steel though the way it cracked makes me think it was cast aluminum. Then again I believe the weight was 40lbs.

Quote from: DJE624 on March 05, 2014, 07:27:31 PM
That's a pretty nasty crack!

Yea $1400 crack!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance