• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Clicking noise???

Started by 3POINT5, March 06, 2014, 01:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3POINT5

Does anyone else get like a plunger noise when tapping the throttle then letting off? It almost sounds like something trying to open or close. Its hard to explain and you cant hear it on any vidoes I have done. It wasnt there before and even now after the LMS tune the car seems to not pull as hard. I tried to reload the tune to see if it would correct it but its still there. Im stumpped. I looked at all of my connection, hoses, tubing, BOV,s and so on. If I can I will just go to Livernois but in the mean time I was hoping you guys had any ideas???
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

3POINT5

No one??? Its really bugging me...
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

BiGMaC

can you record it and post as a video....

If it's a click, especially if your performance is off a bit and it only occurs in driving (not just revving), it may be a faulty solenoid on a BoV

Hearing the sound or hooking it up to an OBD2 reader are a couple of suggestions ...Autozone and a few other parts houses will hook you up if you don't have a reader.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

dalum

Man you just can't catch a break!  I'd get a helper and have them listen for where the sound is or have them punch the throttle so you can listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non-PP SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: dalum on March 06, 2014, 05:51:32 PM
Man you just can't catch a break!  I'd get a helper and have them listen for where the sound is or have them punch the throttle.

Good start!... If they don't hear it I'd look at the BoVs since they won 't function sitting still revving as no torque needed.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

MDesign Performance

Could be a boost look and you're just hearing the BOV more profoundly. I'd check all the pipe connections.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

IHeartGroceries

You can fab a boost leak test kit very easily. I made one years ago for my Mazda, and used it a couple months ago on the SHO, after reading a few owners mention the possibility of poorly clasped clamps from the factory.

An air compressor and a few parts from the hardware store. And a spray bottle full of soapy water (snoop).

I can add more details, if you're interested, or just do a Google search. Any turbocharged car owner ought to have one, and make it a regular checkup.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

3POINT5

Thanks guys. I will have to keep a eye on it. I did another video to test performance. I compared A video I did when less than a 1/4 tank and a video with a full tank. I filled up and didnt drive it for a few days. Maybe im just used to the power already and after filling up it seems like power loss. Im still not sure about the noise though. It almost sounds like a N/A car sucking air when tapping the throttle. I dont know maybe I just didnt notice it before. The best thing I can think of is to have someone around me that has had there SHO for a while hear it in person. In the videos I have done you cant hear it.

MDesign Performance

You could also try running 12 oz Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner with 10 gallons of premium gas for that loss of power you feel, works wonders for $7-8 locally and everyone carries it, link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Chevron-65740-Techron-Concentrate-Cleaner/dp/B00092893E
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

Tomc612

Instead of just a quick re flash, did You try to fully return to stock? and then drive to see if it makes the sounds you describe.

3POINT5

Quote from: Tomc612 on March 08, 2014, 04:49:02 PM
Instead of just a quick re flash, did You try to fully return to stock? and then drive to see if it makes the sounds you describe.

Its gone now. I turned it back to stock then retuned it. It seems to pull a little harder now. Im going to regap the plugs as well. I havnt done it yet. I hope that will help. Im curious to see how far apart they are.

SHOdded

Post pics of the plugs also, please!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

3POINT5

Quote from: SHOdded on March 09, 2014, 03:35:09 AM

Will do... I just have to find time to do it. What kind of difference have some of you guys seen? Any change in performance/smoothness?

Tomc612

Yea sometimes its good to fully return to stock and put about 100 miles on it...then put tune back in.

Tomc612

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 09, 2014, 10:38:44 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on March 09, 2014, 03:35:09 AM

Will do... I just have to find time to do it. What kind of difference have some of you guys seen? Any change in performance/smoothness?
Changed my plugs at 33,000 with SP-534 @.30 and didn't notice any performance gain. I did notice that it helped my car idle and drive a little more smoothly.