• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HID headlamp upgrade EVOX-R

Started by ShoBoat, March 05, 2014, 09:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Great job!   :clap2: Interested in your impressions and pics when you're done. What kind of adhesive/sealer did you use?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

They look so good not even installed, how awesome are they going to be when in place???  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Hope you have before nighttime shots to go with the new retina burner shots  !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

ShoBoat

All done! I was surprised at how easy it was to remove the front bumper, and then the headlights. I have posted a few pics for the after results. I will do a full how to over the weekend for those of you that may want to take this on. All I can say is holy crap, night and day difference literally. It's not even close, comparing these to the stock HID's in my 2011 Explorer not even close. If you drive at night this is the mod for you, not to mention that the glass looks so much better then the stock frosted and dimpled lenses.
Please exceuse the crappy IPhone pics, but you get the idea.

Edit, these shots are low beam only. I will have a full set of shots this weekend with a decent camera and hi/low beam.

HID (2) by sho.boat, on Flickr

HID (3) by sho.boat, on Flickr
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

BiGMaC

Absolutely Stellar!  :thumb: I love the change of the sidemarker and turn to white! Great vision, Great color temp.  Job well done! :dude:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ShoBoat

Thanks Bigmac! The entire car is outfitted with 5k color bulbs including the HID's
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

Never doubted it, but the the SHO deserved this upgrade.  TIA for the writeup, some cool work for sure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BigPelo

Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

ShoBoat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 20, 2014, 12:34:16 PM
Great job!   :clap2: Interested in your impressions and pics when you're done. What kind of adhesive/sealer did you use?

A combo of Butyl windshield sealant and Silicone.

ShoBoat

Quote from: BigPelo on March 21, 2014, 10:25:52 AM
Definetly an upgrade! Me want

I have a set of headlight assemblies that I might be selling, that I just took off my SHO. I'm not sure what I am going to do with them. I might do this process and offer for sale. Not sure yet.

BigPelo

If you do switch projectors and lenses in your spare headlight assembly, I am taking them!
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

SHOdded

I think you just created a market for this!

ShoBoat

A few more pics of output capabilities for you guys. Taken nearby at the Ford assembly plant! I am truly astounded at the difference! The last shot is a hi-beam shot, check out the Expressway sign way off in the distance lol.
Low Beam

HID (1) by sho.boat, on Flickr

Wall Shot

HID (7) by sho.boat, on Flickr

High Beam

HID (6) by sho.boat, on Flickr

geswek

This was on a non HID car?

Sent from my mobile, I think.

ShoBoat

Quote from: geswek on March 23, 2014, 12:41:15 PM
This was on a non HID car?

Sent from my mobile, I think.

Yup, Canadian car. For whatever reason Ford made the Canadian cars with Halogen Projectors. Either way this is a huge upgrade from Halogen (with an HID 9006 bulb) or the OEM HID system.