• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New 2012 SHO owner from MI...

Started by 3POINT5, March 02, 2014, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3POINT5

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 02, 2014, 10:52:04 PM
Darkside!  Sweet...
[/quot]

I love murdered out rides and always have even before it was popular. This wont be any different.
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

DJE624

Nice work on the intake.

SwampRat

Love the pics of both rides .

On the Fusion Sport were the Hood vents/scoops functional or just for looks ?
Where did you get them ?
I would love to figure out a way to put something like that ( even if it was raised an inch or so ) on my SHO hood , closer to the front and be functional as well as mating on one side to the AirAid filter box .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bpd1151

Welcome aboard! :hi:

Always good having motivated innovators register up!

:newbie:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

3POINT5

Quote from: DJE624 on March 02, 2014, 11:03:32 PM
Nice work on the intake.

Thank you. It took some work but it ended up working nice.
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

3POINT5

Quote from: SwampRat on March 02, 2014, 11:21:24 PM

Where did you get them ?
I would love to figure out a way to put something like that ( even if it was raised an inch or so ) on my SHO hood , closer to the front and be functional as well as mating on one side to the AirAid filter box .

They are fully functional. I did them when I worked at MRT (mustang racing technology). For the SEMA SHO we did we used the carbon fiber vents from a late model Jag. It turned out really nice.

SwampRat

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 02, 2014, 11:51:54 PM

Where did you get them ?

They are fully functional. I did them when I worked at MRT (mustang racing technology). For the SEMA SHO we did we used the carbon fiber vents from a late model Jag. It turned out really nice.

Were they fully functionality on the  model jag they came from or did they have to be modded to be so ?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

3POINT5

Quote from: SwampRat on March 03, 2014, 12:33:35 AM
Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 02, 2014, 11:51:54 PM

Where did you get them ?

Were they fully functionality on the  model jag they came from or did they have to be modded to be so ?

The only thing we had to modd  was to shave out the word supercharger, refill it and repaint it. We only painted what we had to so the carbon fiber was still visible. The vents on my car where vents from the older SHELBY.

SHOdded

Great start to the mods, lovely pics :thumb:  Were you at MRT when Scrming (John?) had his Focus customized?  Quite the build, fun to watch.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

3POINT5

Quote from: SHOdded on March 03, 2014, 12:53:45 AM
Great start to the mods, lovely pics :thumb:  Were you at MRT when Scrming (John?) had his Focus customized?  Quite the build, fun to watch.

Just after it was built. I did on the other hand help build the SEMA Fiesta ST.

donky4444

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 02, 2014, 10:33:02 PM
Quote from: donky4444 on March 02, 2014, 08:04:37 PM
Welcome!  What part of Michigan are you from?  I'm in Kalamazoo.

We are kinda far apart. I live in livonia.

Yeah, just a bit.  I used to live in Garden City and I am in Novi every month or two for some fun with a friend that lives over there.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights