• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost PCV issues

Started by Tuner Boost, February 23, 2014, 05:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

painterpatt

Quote from: Courier6 on February 25, 2014, 07:21:06 PM
Quote from: Tuner Boost on February 25, 2014, 12:42:57 PM
Here is a link to photos of catchcan testing:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198401

This thread treats the issue as a mostly "extreme cold weather" problem, true or not?
I'ts worse the colder it gets from condensation but we are in Florida and I watched him drain an F150 can and there was about a half  of a cup of coffee worth from 500 miles
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

JimiJak

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 03, 2014, 11:22:55 AM
Ready for orders!
http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/RX-Catch-Can-w-Dual-Check-Valve-Regular-or-Monster-sized-RXCatchCan.htm

These will ship in 2-3 weeks as they're made to order by RevXtreme

Awesome! I see the title of the video is not to use the Monster can; I assume this is only for the Flex?? With either size fit the XSport? Also, (I'm sure this is posted somewhere but I can't find it right now) is there any advantage to going with the larger or smaller can? (other than having to empty it less often of course)
Thanks!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

BiGMaC

Quote from: JimiJak on March 04, 2014, 02:28:29 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 03, 2014, 11:22:55 AM
Ready for orders!
http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/RX-Catch-Can-w-Dual-Check-Valve-Regular-or-Monster-sized-RXCatchCan.htm

These will ship in 2-3 weeks as they're made to order by RevXtreme

Awesome! I see the title of the video is not to use the Monster can; I assume this is only for the Flex?? With either size fit the XSport? Also, (I'm sure this is posted somewhere but I can't find it right now) is there any advantage to going with the larger or smaller can? (other than having to empty it less often of course)
Thanks!

JJ... just click on the link and order now without putting it in your cart.... most of your answers are there. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you want just the regular can size and you should consider the clean side separator if you're going to get the can... the info is on Tracy's website (search RX catch can to find the site).

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

The Monster can will fit easily into an F150 (due to engine layout).  A custom location will have to be found in the other vehicles.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2187.msg31056#msg31056
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2200.msg31365#msg31365
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JimiJak

Got it. Thanks guys.

Standard catch can and clean side separator; ORDERED!
I can't wait!!

QuickSilver

I have created/built catch cans/breathers for all of my heavily modified turbo cars from the 80's and 90's but those were primarily to control detonation from the very low 'octane' of the oil vapor being reburned. The RX set up is light years ahead of the 'cans with mesh' things I have been building. Nice work :clap:. I've ordered mine up from EBPP I had no idea that the DI engines were even moreso susceptible than older port injected motors. Great write up on a level that I could understand :-[
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

EcoPowerParts

You guys rock!
Thanks for the orders and thanks to Tracy for making an awesome product!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Tuner Boost

First ones I ever saw were early Maserati hemi 6 cylinders from the late 50's early 60's (Aluminum alloy block and head, integrated lower engine case/oil pan, 2 spark plugs per cylinder, etc.) very advanced for the time. In road racing they knew that the oil caused detonation....no one understood the rest of the contaminates at that time, but Maserati had a very effective unit back then that used a road draft tube for steady evacuation at speed. It did have to be emptied, and was crude, but it was real innovation from just the road draft tubes using the Venturi effect for suction.

We have always used belt driven vacuum pumps on all our drag engines (app 1000 HP NA running Methanol), but app 15 years ago when we were pushing 700-800 plus hp forced induction, we were always battling detonation and we started using the air compressor units thinking that would catch it, and we still had detonation, so we added 2 in series, later one caught as much as the first. Then we went to the larger ones (company call conceptual polymer sells them as catchcans) and still were not catching it. So we bought the cans on the market, and they were not any better. That lead us to start our own designs, and there have been dozen or so revisions since as we learned what does, and what does not work....(and some help from some science heads on flow dynamics and all the principals of separating liquids, etc.) to end up with what you see today. 

Thanks for the kind words....we also post the competitors that do a good job also, but most other can companies/vendors don't care for us to explain all that is involved and what works and what doesn't.

JimiJak

Thanks to Tracy @Tuner Boost and @4DRHTRD; Rx catch can and separator showed up today. Everything looks sweet. Can't wait to get "my ride" (*still unnamed) back from the dealership so I can hook everything up!

Pics to come!

Tuner Boost

Pay attention after the install to see your fuel economy improve and the power gain slightly after this is not being ingested.

:thumbsup:

Night Hawk

Quote from: Tomc612 on February 24, 2014, 09:48:34 PM
I run a JLT PERFORMACE  oil separator in the rear pcv and using a smaller one from Steeda in the front and works great..I recommend the new updated mesh screen filters from JLT too.The filter from the the steeda units I find are  restrictive and breaks down fast. The new Jlt filter fit perfect in the steeda unit. I don't get hardly any oil mist in the front.. but the rear pcv I get just about 1 tablespoon at 4000 miles..

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=357_359&products_id=635&zenid=bf65413fd3ae000afad590a1e73a483e

I run a similar set up as tom which I first started running in 2003 on my Cobra. Its inline compressor filters that I usually find at Walmart or Home depot for about 25 bucks plus fittings.  I plumb PCV tubing. They work pretty well.

2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

JimiJak

^^^^^

I do love pictures! But; What exactly would you say, you're trying to say here? ;)

Night Hawk

Quote from: JimiJak on March 19, 2014, 08:53:59 PM
^^^^^

I do love pictures! But; What exactly would you say, you're trying to say here? ;)
I like to see the oil fill the compressor filters, it makes me smile lol
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather

JimiJak

Ahhhhhhhh! That makes way more sense! lol

I'm still getting to know personalities around here, plus, this forum is a new experience from what I'm used to... Like the forums that post came from.

Carry on!

Night Hawk

Quote from: JimiJak on March 19, 2014, 09:03:37 PM
Ahhhhhhhh! That makes way more sense! lol

I'm still getting to know personalities around here, plus, this forum is a new experience from what I'm used to... Like the forums that post came from.

Carry on!
yea some forums are pretty disturbing
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather