• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aeroforce Gauges for your Ecoboost vehicle

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 19, 2014, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: Wild13SHO on March 11, 2014, 10:06:51 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 08, 2014, 08:33:41 PM
Probably a dumb ?, but they do fit in Crash's pod correct?

Installed my Aeroforce gauges in Crashes gauge pod this past weekend.  They fit great, look great and work great.  I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.  Still playing with the setting and what PIDs to display. 

Looks like platform 4 has all the right PIDs for our cars.  For trans temp it's trans temp 4. I'll run through some others to see what ones works and don't. 

Cool!  Definitely wanna' see the pics!...  :popcorn:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Wild13SHO

Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

TSS

I got the gauge yesterday!  Very cool, but I have a question re: the Boost Function (2010 Lincoln MKS 3.5 Ecoboost). 

On the video that is linked in post #1, page #1 , at about 3:00 to 3:25 into the clip or so there appears to be a boost function that displays negative numbers and  THEN there is another boost function called desired boost or command boost that only displays 0 and positive numbers.   In other words, it does not display any negative numbers.  I can get the regular boost function (with negative numbers)  but would love to find the other feature that only displays 0 or positive numbers....that way...under normal use without turbo engaged, the numbers are not constantly changing – it would just indicate 0.  I took a look at the linked video last night, and that function is definitely there, but for some reason I cannot find it on my unit.  Thanks for your help!

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TSS on March 12, 2014, 08:43:16 AM

I got the gauge yesterday!  Very cool, but I have a question re: the Boost Function (2010 Lincoln MKS 3.5 Ecoboost). 

On the video that is linked in post #1, page #1 , at about 3:00 to 3:25 into the clip or so there appears to be a boost function that displays negative numbers and  THEN there is another boost function called desired boost or command boost that only displays 0 and positive numbers.   In other words, it does not display any negative numbers.  I can get the regular boost function (with negative numbers)  but would love to find the other feature that only displays 0 or positive numbers....that way...under normal use without turbo engaged, the numbers are not constantly changing – it would just indicate 0.  I took a look at the linked video last night, and that function is definitely there, but for some reason I cannot find it on my unit.  Thanks for your help!

Commanded boost isn't what you're doing it's what the motor is being told to do, not really useful for you.
The negative numbers are vacuum, which is what your car runs on when the throttle isn't engaged.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Quote from: Wild13SHO on March 12, 2014, 07:16:31 AM
Ok here are a couple of pictures:

Wild13SHO...Very Sharp!  Looks great!  :thumb: Thanks for the pics.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SwampRat

Quote from: Wild13SHO on March 12, 2014, 07:16:31 AM
Ok here are a couple of pictures:

Looks sharp ...

I need to get busy with mine , I went with Plain AutoMeter gauges = more install work

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

TSS

Here is mine.  the display is absolutely clear in person. For some reason I just could not get a picture of it. However, at least it shows the location. No wires at all are visible. I ran them Down between the clear plastic in the gauge cluster and the  black plastic that meets the clear plastic.

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

Wild13SHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 12, 2014, 02:54:22 PM
Any glare issues?

No glare issues.  Looks awesome at night, a bit hard to see during the day with the black background and blue digits.  Haven't been in the car with the sun out and the blue background and black digits.
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

TSS

Here is a better photo of mine in my MKS (and I have driven at night and now in daylight and no glare or washout issues - the OEM gauge lid does the same thing for the Aeroforce that it does for the OEM analogs) :

BiGMaC

Quote from: TSS on March 13, 2014, 09:29:01 AM
Here is a better photo of mine in my MKS (and I have driven at night and now in daylight and no glare or washout issues - the OEM gauge lid does the same thing for the Aeroforce that it does for the OEM analogs) :

Great work... very creative install!  :thumb:

Needmoreboost

Aeroforce makes a great product.  I ran one for 5 years in my SRT. 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

TSS

Thanks guys - I wanted it to be "low key" and look as OEM as it can for an add on gauge.  Chances are that except for me (and my son) nobody will really notice it (unless they are driving).  In person it really blends into the circular shape/color/trim rings of the other gauges.    The DIC info is FULLY visible - only over 120 MPH on the analog gauge is hidden.  Not a big deal - and if it was, the MPH display on the Aeroforce will let ya know where you are at over 120 MPH. :)   I bought the angled autometer rings previously posted and tried that manner a few ways in different locations, but was not happy.  I just did not like it sitting upright on the steering column - it looked and felt too precarious to me.  In the location I placed it, it is completely stable and secured.

P.S.  If somebody needs the autometer angled rings - I have 2 that are new and one that I filed.  PM me and they are yours.  Just remember the gesture if this site ever starts offering Premium memberships to defray costs, like other sites, and become one!