• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aeroforce Gauges for your Ecoboost vehicle

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 19, 2014, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forcefedjunkie

If you're interested on the dual dash pod, we happen to be sold out but will have more next week. 

To give you an idea or what's involved in the install here are the steps:

1.  Remove speaker cover.  It has 5 clips that pop off easily with a vinyl pry tool.

2.  Drill hole to the left of speaker assembly big enough for whatever wires are needed.

3.  Remove speaker to make it easier to route wires using a fish tape or coat hanger or whatever you use from driver foot well.  Once wire are routed run them through hole drilled in step 2.

4.  Replace speaker.

5.  Drill (2) 1/4" holes in speaker cover to mount pod.  Template will be provided.  Pod has two clips that will snap into these holes.

6.  There will be a small gap between the back most part of the pod and the speaker cover unless you epoxy the back side to the cover, I used a c-clamp and some generic brand of epoxy putty which cures quick.  You don't really notice this gap once everything is installed but I'm a perfectionist.

7.  Drill a hole in speaker cover on bottom left side where it will be hidden by pod.  This is where gauge wires will go.

7.  Run wires through this hole and snap speaker cover/pod back into dash.

8.  Run the gauge wires to the two pod openings, and install gauges. 

That's it!
2013 SHO

EcoPowerParts

I'll get the info and add it to the site just in case you guys want to order some when they're available.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TSS

Quote from: forcefedjunkie on March 04, 2014, 09:49:08 PM
Quote from: TSS on March 04, 2014, 09:31:28 AM
I saw a single pod that was universal and mounted near the base of the A pillar near the windshield.  I liked it, but it was 105 bucks.  I don't have any issue paying that kind of money for the pod, but was just uncertain of the quality.  Todd, any single pod/column mount suggestions?  I want column mount or near the windshield/A pillar.   I know nobody is going to mkake one for the MKS (because they will sell 2 of them maximum) - so universal is what I am searching.  As soon as I find a pod, I am ordering the gauge from you.

Not that I know of at this time.  We're thinking about buying a 3D printer to do custom pods like this but we're not there yet.

I was looking at pics of your dash and there looks to be a center dash speaker cover similar to the SHO, this dual pod would probably fit there as well as on my SHO.

Todd

I have compared the SHO and MKS center speaker cover area and unfortunately, in person they are very different.  I truly appreciate you taking the time to look it up though.

BUT....that column mod (the easy one) might be an idea and I also am thinking about the sunglass holder too - but I actually use that for sunglasses....

S/ Another "Todd"
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

TSS

Sorry one more question.  I know the gauge can display boost with our vehicles, has anybody confirmed that MPH can be displayed too?  Todd, the website indictaes "may" be able to display depending on vehicle - or something like that.  I am a hair away from ordering if I know I can have boost number on top and MPH on the bottom......
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

TSS

I just ordered mine!

I cannot wait to get the gauge - I also ordered some of the angled autometer gauge holders off ebay for $14.95 for three of them.   (See Todd's post number 74 on page 5)    I figured an extra few of them were good (even though I only need one) in case I decided to file them for different areas to see what I liked best.  I don't know if they will be a temporary or permanent solution until I see the whole thing "installed" in person.   

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TSS on March 07, 2014, 11:35:55 AM
I just ordered mine! 

I cannot wait to get the gauge - I also ordered some of the angled autometer gauge holders off ebay for $14.95 for three of them.   (See Todd's post number 74 on page 5)    I figured an extra few of them were good (even though I only need one) in case I decided to file them for different areas to see what I liked best.  I don't know if they will be a temporary or permanent solution until I see the whole thing "installed" in person.   
Guys if you need please use my site to order, the profits I am directly sinking back into this site, I'm currently paying a few thousand dollars for the update. Every little bit helps a TON.
http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/Aeroforce-Interceptor-Gauge-Ford-EcoBoost-All-AeoforceCN1.htm
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Wild13SHO

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 07, 2014, 12:43:58 PM
Guys if you need please use my site to order, the profits I am directly sinking back into this site, I'm currently paying a few thousand dollars for the update. Every little bit helps a TON.
http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/Aeroforce-Interceptor-Gauge-Ford-EcoBoost-All-AeoforceCN1.htm

I ordered mine from ecoboostpowerparts and got them super fast.  Never had a problem ordering the few parts I did from Mike.  I plan on ordering the SHO "noisemaker" eliminator pipe this weekend. 
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

SwampRat

Quote from: Wild13SHO on March 07, 2014, 03:44:11 PM
Never had a problem ordering the few parts I did from Mike.

I  2nd that ... on the up n up  for sure .

So far PPE catless down pipes from him and RX evac catch can setup w/ clean side .

And he went out of his way to help BigMac's  sale to me with new clamps and Tial BOV for My Hot Pipe Kit ..
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

forcefedjunkie

Quote from: TSS on March 06, 2014, 12:38:50 PM
Sorry one more question.  I know the gauge can display boost with our vehicles, has anybody confirmed that MPH can be displayed too?  Todd, the website indictaes "may" be able to display depending on vehicle - or something like that.  I am a hair away from ordering if I know I can have boost number on top and MPH on the bottom......

MPH can be displayed so you can display boost and mph at the same time.

Todd
2013 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

Probably a dumb ?, but they do fit in Crash's pod correct?

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 08, 2014, 08:33:41 PM
Yes it will and he can drill 1-3 52mm (2 1/16th") holes or a little larger or a different shape or whatever you want and do the faceplate in black or the woven metal which is identical to OEM... I have his pod, and happy to have one the fit and finish are stellar!
PM him for more if you're interested as I think supplies may be limited.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 08, 2014, 09:30:37 PM
Yes it will and he can drill 1-3 52mm (2 1/16th") holes or a little larger or a different shape or whatever you want and do the faceplate in black or the woven metal which is identical to OEM... I have his pod, and happy to have one the fit and finish are stellar!

I've had one sitting here for a while.

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 09, 2014, 07:12:53 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 08, 2014, 09:30:37 PM

I've had one sitting here for a while.

Excellent! ... on of the privileged few!   :beer2:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Wild13SHO

Installed my Aeroforce gauges in Crashes gauge pod this past weekend.  They fit great, look great and work great.  I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.  Still playing with the setting and what PIDs to display. 

Looks like platform 4 has all the right PIDs for our cars.  For trans temp it's trans temp 3. I'll run through some others to see what ones works and don't. 
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP