• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aeroforce Gauges for your Ecoboost vehicle

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 19, 2014, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

I've been pretty meh about these gauges until now.

The pics just don't do them justice, thanks for the vid.

Any chance on better pricing for buying 3?

TouchOfEvil

2014 XSport

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

TSS

There are some  52mm one gauge pods on ebay - they look a little cheap, but I may still try one of I go this route.  Here is a link. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-SINGLE-GAUGE-DASH-MOUNT-HOLDER-52MM-2-1-16-POD-FITS-AUTOMETER-GAUGES-A-/111144028342?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e0b348b6&vxp=mtr

I also have a very potentially neophyte question:  I have tried to understand and read this thread and am looking for a concrete answer to 3 newbie type questions related to this gauge: 

1.  I don't have anything else hooked into my OBD 2 while driving.  I only use it to tune.   If I buy this Aeroforce gauge, do I simply plug into the OBD2 and IT WILL DISPLAY TURBO BOOST if I choose?
2. Other than plugging into to OBD 2 is there really nothing else to do - no other hardware to hook up to vacuum lines or anything?   
3. Will it turn on and off automatically when car is on and off?

I was considering adding a vaccum boost gauge for my 2010 MKS (that is really all I am looking for) and I know that route would be a lot cheaper, but I am hesitant to tackle the job and run wires through the firewall etc.  This seems like it will achieve my objective and it is something I can handle.  But, I need to know the above 3 answers first.... basically, is it so easy a caveman can do it?  LOL.  I had an OBD2 heads up display once, so i am familiar with the concept, but need to know if the Aeroforce  will actually read boost.
THANKS. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

BiGMaC

I just received my center gauge pod from Chris.  The woven metal and vinyl covering match OEM exactly, workmanship is awesome and mounting is easy... It can have the face drilled for anything that goes in the space allowed (I'm doing 52mm gauges, but some folks have put other controls also with rectangle faces, etc.)  It is not cheap... but you'll look at it very time you think about gauges and It is well worth it! Kudos to crash!

Here's his install link on the forum.  There are other posts with pics also and the links are at the bottom of the post linked below.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=749.msg6426#msg6426

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TSS

^^ Those are so awesome - nothing like that for the MKS yet. :(
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

SwampRat

The interceptor guages do read boost AND lots more.
This link lets you download a .pdf of the parameters it can show :

http://aeroforcetech.com/files/parameters_features.pdf

a small set such as engine oil temp require analog sending  units to be installed if you want that to be show .

The Guages turn on and off with the ECU.

Very straightforward simple install unless you need some of the analog inputs .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

TSS

Thanks for the answers^^.    I am sure i will like some of the other features - but primary and single goal right now is a boost gauge for no other reason than I think it will be fun to look at.    I had looked at the link, but recalled some sort of disclaimer about all features not available on all cars - I think... But so long as boost is plug and play with our cars  with no other sending units required, as soon as I figure out a mounting area or find a single pod I like, I am ordering!

forcefedjunkie

Here's another mounting option I came up with using our dual dash pod.  I honestly think it's one of the best looking uses of this pod that I've seen.  I mounted it so that it's slightly angled towards the driver.

Installation requires removing the speaker cover, drilling a hole next to the speaker and through the cover to run the cable.  It was quite easy actually.  The only modification to the normal installation process was to place some jb weld/Kwik weld type epoxy between the rear of the pod and the cover to eliminate the gap at the back end.  This wasn't that bad to begin with but I'm picky. 

We may sell this as a completed unit, or just the pod with template and a some adhesive. 

Todd

2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Very cool option Todd!  Looks righteous.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

crash712us

Very nice! I had a similar idea once, except with 3 gauges. But having the time and the amount of work it takes to replicate and the cost. Perhaps in the future but I already don't have enough time in the day.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TSS on March 03, 2014, 11:17:50 AM
Thanks for the answers^^.    I am sure i will like some of the other features - but primary and single goal right now is a boost gauge for no other reason than I think it will be fun to look at.    I had looked at the link, but recalled some sort of disclaimer about all features not available on all cars - I think... But so long as boost is plug and play with our cars  with no other sending units required, as soon as I figure out a mounting area or find a single pod I like, I am ordering!
The gauges will support your car, I'm looking for a column gauge install
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Boggus

Love the pod - center speaker one.  Any more shots?
2013 unleashed SHO PP

forcefedjunkie

The dual dash pod is available on the Aeroforce website but I'm planning on making a "kit" which includes some simple instructions, a template, and a couple other things.  The pods are currently on a 2 week backorder but we'll have plenty after that.  You don't really need the "kit" but it will just make it a little easier to install. 

Also, some have asked about the dual gauge install shown in the youtube video.  That was just a custom made deal using two Autometer angle rings that had a flat spot ground on the bottom so that I could affix them to the steering column using 3M tape.  I'll put some picture up of that soon. 

Todd
2013 SHO