• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aeroforce Gauges for your Ecoboost vehicle

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 19, 2014, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Nice addition to the arsenal!  The appearance options allow you to pick (1) only?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on February 19, 2014, 02:08:39 PM
Nice addition to the arsenal!  The appearance options allow you to pick (1) only?
Thanks, updated and publishing now. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

ONLYA6

Sweet! Will be purchasing one tonight.

Just to clarify, if you get just 1 gage you can still have 1 line display constant and the second line can be programmed to cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

ONLYA6

Does it come with the mounting bezel to mount as shown in the video?

Steven

SwampRat

Quote from: ONLYA6 on February 19, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

Just to clarify, if you get just 1 gage you can still have 1 line display constant and the second line can be programmed to cycle?

According to the video that is a YES !

I've had my Guage Pod   for awhile now and still haven't  decided on what gauges  I'll do . Since My DP's and Torries Tuner are on the way I need to get SERIOUS ..

I like these Gauges but with a tablet  running Torque and Bluetooth Dongle all ways plugged  in  , can you use a OBD II spliter and the gauges still work ?

many out there , but this one is on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/OBDII-Splitter-J1962M-2-J1962F-145802/dp/B000TMCX72

If using 2 or 3 of these Guages  do they daisy chain with only one connection to the OBD II port ?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: ONLYA6 on February 19, 2014, 02:51:52 PM
Does it come with the mounting bezel to mount as shown in the video?

It does not come with the pod.
Order received and sent over to Aeroforce!
:) My understanding is 3-5 business days for shipment as they're built to order.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

ONLYA6

Thank ya!

Steven

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on February 19, 2014, 03:42:42 PM
Quote from: ONLYA6 on February 19, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

According to the video that is a YES !

I've had my Guage Pod   for awhile now and still haven't  decided on what gauges  I'll do . Since My DP's and Torries Tuner are on the way I need to get SERIOUS ..

I like these Gauges but with a tablet  running Torque and Bluetooth Dongle all ways plugged  in  , can you use a OBD II spliter and the gauges still work ?

many out there , but this one is on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/OBDII-Splitter-J1962M-2-J1962F-145802/dp/B000TMCX72

If using 2 or 3 of these Guages  do they daisy chain with only one connection to the OBD II port ?

I tried to do it and it didn't work for me, you may have better luck but I am not for sure it will work to run the TSX and Aeroforce gauge simultaneously.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

My suspicions are confirmed according to the diesel guys also confirmed with Aeroforce:
The problem you're going to run into is that you cannot have two OBD "scan" devices on the CAN bus at the same time. At least not both running at the same time. The reason (and this may or may not make sense) is that scan tools/devices use a specific node ID to request data from the PCM. If you have two (or more) devices on the bus and both are requesting data, the PCM will handle each data request in the order it was received. The problem occurs when the data is sent back to the scan device. Since both devices are listening for a response, both may receive the data but only one will be the right device. This may cause one (or more) devices to display incorrect data and may even cause one (or more) devices to freeze up.

The only situation where this may not be an issues is if you are using one device to monitor transmission only data and another device to monitor engine only data, and ONLY in the case where the vehicle has a separate ECM and TCM... like the 6.0L, 6.4L, 6.7L, etc. Since the ECM and TCM use a different CAN Node ID (0x7E0 for ECM and 0x7E1 for TCM), there is not going to be any conflict as to which device gets the intended data.

There are some other issues relating to bus termination that may also be a problem from running multiple devices on the same bus, but that's another story.

All of this boils down to the fact that it's not really advisable to run to more than one OBD device at a time. If you do, expect unexpected results.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 19, 2014, 04:48:28 PM

All of this boils down to the fact that it's not really advisable to run to more than one OBD device at a time. If you do, expect unexpected results.

OK  .... So if the SCT iTSX Bluetooth dongle is unplugged and used only for tuning , I assume the same would hold true with trying to run Torque / with a OBDII dongle and the Aeroforce gauges at the same time ?

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on February 19, 2014, 05:03:37 PM

OK  .... So if the SCT iTSX Bluetooth dongle is unplugged and used only for tuning , I assume the same would hold true with trying to run Torque / with a OBDII dongle and the Aeroforce gauges at the same time ?
Just unplug the gauge from the OBD2 port and plug in the TSX. You're not going to be driving around and tuning anyhow, car will be key on but not running.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 19, 2014, 05:07:29 PM
Quote from: SwampRat on February 19, 2014, 05:03:37 PM

Just unplug the gauge from the OBD2 port and plug in the TSX. You're not going to be driving around and tuning anyhow, car will be key on but not running.

Let me try to rephrase  this   :   Tuner is UNPLUGED  ..... will the same issues arise with a dongle running Torque and Aeroforce Gauges at the same time ?

IF I buy these Gauges it seems that they must daisy chain ... can you run 3 at once and I would think they would just hook up to the OBD II port via one connection ?

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Yes you can't run two different OBD2 readers simultaneously, the dual aeroforce gauge uses it's on special device that shares data between the two display units.

So don't run a bluetooth dongle with Aeroforce, you can run one or the other from what I'm reading.
That being said it's like $17.00 for the cord, buy one and see if you can get it to work. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

So really what we would need is something that provides a HAL like Windows does, bypassing confusion for the PCM's OBD from multiple requestors.  It would introduce cost, complexity, and slight delays in data display though.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!