• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Explorer Sport pipes finally!

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 17, 2014, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Finally got an explorer sport down to PPE (I found one and Paul is getting it done!) They should prototypes done today and a jig done almost immediately.
Some pics from the visit.
BTW, what's so great about these pipes? You'll pass emissions!!! These cats do not throw codes, my personal vehicle as well as many other SHO/Flex owners have been using them for months with no issues!!! No reason to buy catted downpipes only to have to tune the rear O2 out which means in most states you won't pass readiness checks and you'll fail ANYHOW!!!

Also we're working with SCT to be able to have a canned tune ready to work with these pipes for additional POWER!

Stock SHO (top) vs Explorer front pipe

Stock front SHO vs Explorer (SHO top)

The donor vehicle being worked on (guy had it on craiglist, I contact him and he allowed us to borrow it before he handed it over to new owner)

Pricing and availability will come out ASAP.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

futat2

Good work, those pipes do not look that much different. Hopefully that makes the process easer and all the sport guys can have there DPs soon.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

SHOdded

Thanks, Mike, for finding an innovative solution to the prototype vehicle dilemma!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

I was by PPE picking up my stockers as Paul was bolting up the Xsport stock DPs back on.  Things looked great and going fast.  Shouldn't be any time to production!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

QuickSilver

Not sure I understand the pics, they all look like stock DP's except the catless one laying next to the front wheel :-[  Are these the before shots?
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

futat2

Quote from: QuickSilver on February 17, 2014, 07:59:11 PM
Not sure I understand the pics, they all look like stock DP's except the catless one laying next to the front wheel :-[  Are these the before shots?
Top is stock SHO, Bottom is stock Sport.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

bigmoneycloser

Question...
Aside from inspection issues. NJ only has visual checks anyway
What are the differences(HP +/- & other pros/cons) of catted vs non catted downpipes???
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 18, 2014, 07:43:43 PM
Question...
Aside from inspection issues. NJ only has visual checks anyway
What are the differences(HP +/- & other pros/cons) of catted vs non catted downpipes???

No tests on an explorer yet, we just dyno'd a stock car and found really no HP difference as the ECU manages it. We will be doing some testing soon with tuned stock catted DP vs PPE catted DP.
The key with catted DP is you pass emissions visually and readiness checks with no worries.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bigmoneycloser

Did I hear someone day something about a smell running non catted?
I might be crazy??
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

SwampRat

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 18, 2014, 07:55:01 PM
I might be crazy??

ONLY with some CATTED ones ....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on February 18, 2014, 07:59:06 PM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 18, 2014, 07:55:01 PM
I might be crazy??

ONLY with some CATTED ones ....

On my PPE catted DPs there is NO odor I've noticed in the last five days (and I did check for it!)... Even after spirited driving.... The OEM reminded me of rotten eggs.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

4DR
I'm still willing to chip in on some of the "rental" cost to get the hot pipes created for the XSport.
If you find anyone willing and a need a few bucks to incent them to give you some time, let me know..
Thx
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

explorergotoluvit

what are the pricing going to be hopefully better then livers pipes would like to get a set if there not 1000
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

TouchOfEvil

2014 XSport