• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random Items in Engine Bay

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, February 13, 2014, 08:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

Yesterday was the first time that I have removed my engine cover since I purchased my SHO. I was changing a few things around, t-stat and BOV/VTA, and came across a couple of odd things. Sitting right on top of the engine were a couple of thick elastic bands, loose plastic pieces and some pieces of tape. None of the pieces were previously serving any purpose, but probably garbage from the build process. Just a simple observation that I will pass along.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SHOdded

Those are for emergency use only, do not discard ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dalum

Mine had a (broken) cap off the throttle body under the cover.  Ford couldn't get the cap so they just replaced the whole throttle body!
2013 Non-PP SHO

Vortex69

You guys are lucky. I had mouse tirds all over the place. Had to trap five of them little buggers before the prob went away.
'13 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: Vortex69 on February 15, 2014, 07:09:30 PM
You guys are lucky. I had mouse tirds all over the place. Had to trap five of them little buggers before the prob went away.

I thought they had to spin the turbo impellers!  :P

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 15, 2014, 07:13:35 PM

Go for the squirrel upgrade. :clown:

Vortex69

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 15, 2014, 07:13:35 PM

I thought they were Sirius DJ's because they all left at the same time.

'13 SHO

68_GT

I had those elastic bands under my engine cover too. I found them when I regapped my spark plugs. I thought they were just some old school looking plain rubber bands from road debris that flew under there :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler