• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just put on Nitto Motivos 255-45 R 20

Started by 68_GT, February 13, 2014, 05:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

On my flower wheels. It looks meaty but not too big. 60k mile warranty too which was surprising.

Better pics coming this is the 255 on the front and stock 245 Supercars on the rear.

Next I want some wheel spacers and ditch the spoiler all together or get a SES flat lip spoiler.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

donky4444

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

68_GT

Initial report driving home from Discount Tire. They are definately an upgrade over the Good Years. Some of the benefits is possibly just from adding new tires and my others were all at the wear bars so they were done. But I can say this the ride is smoother and softer and the car feels faster even from a roll becasue it just hooks, and the wheel hop is completely gone. I wonder if the taller tire was like adding a tad higher gear ratio ?? Now I can feel safer romping on it from a dead stop with out worrying about breaking something from the wheel hop. Traction Control off and just gets a tiny chirp then the torque rushes in and it just goes. I'm happy they definately look bigger which I like for a more aggressive appearance but the tires are dfinately not as low profile as the worn out 245's were. For the guys that like the rubber band tires you wont like this size in these wheels. Let me wash it then take some good pics :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

68_GT

a 255/40 R 20 might be a perfect size on these wheels for appearance (wider still lower profile) but my PP suspension is so harsh I was hoping for a smoother ride and wanted the extra sidewall for added traction. Also the 255/45 was about $10 each cheaper than the 245/45's.

DJE624

Sounds good!  I'm glad you are happy with them.  I was also planning on 255/45's sometime.

68_GT

Washed ... Pics, I'll get some better ones.

IHeartGroceries

Flower wheels. Why, Ford?

I've heard good things about the Motivo. They're a pretty newish tire for Nitto, IIRC. I'm a huge Nitto fan. I've been running various sets of their tires for 10 years now, on multiple vehicles. They have always been great tires for me, in every way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

mjhpadi

I haven't ever dealt with Nitto, but it sounds like these are now on my list for consideration when it's time to replace the Michelin crap! What is the prices on the Nittos?  I was leaning towards Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval AS, since the pricing is decent and they have a 50K treadwear warranty.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Mikesb

68. Does your car have springs or did the tires fill in some of the rear gap?
I've got nitto trail grapplers on my f250. Tis the season for nittos. From what I understand the same exact new tire from one season can vary to the same new tire built at a different time, just changes in the materials used. My 4wheelin buddy's are heavy critics on tires and always telling me what ones have changed from what they use to be and what ones are the latest proven winners. Sounds good anyways
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

68_GT

it's on the stock Performance Package springs, but I'd say the ride height is the same as the others. The tires may have filled the gap some. These pics dont really show the differenes too much to me, I'll get some better pics with my DSLR camera these are just late in the day iphone5 pics. They do look nice to me, but I like a more aggressive look than a super low profile tire. The softer sidewall really feels better on bumps it's not near as harsh. These tires are quieter, and the grip is amazing. Just a little chip then full hook up under all the torque and no wheel hop. It feels great. Makes me fell a lot more confident going wide open throttle from a dig.

More info on them here. I beleive that's what I paid for them also, about $185ea. More than the 245/45 R20 GY Supercar replacements @ $147 each but mine only lasted 24k miles, and I almost never floored it from a stop, or low speeds due to wheel hop. These cost a little more but should last me at least twice as long.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40630&tmn=Motivo&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance

Dxlnt1

Quote from: 68_GT on February 15, 2014, 01:59:05 AM
it's on the stock Performance Package springs, but I'd say the ride height is the same as the others. The tires may have filled the gap some. These pics dont really show the differenes too much to me, I'll get some better pics with my DSLR camera these are just late in the day iphone5 pics. They do look nice to me, but I like a more aggressive look than a super low profile tire. The softer sidewall really feels better on bumps it's not near as harsh. These tires are quieter, and the grip is amazing. Just a little chip then full hook up under all the torque and no wheel hop. It feels great. Makes me fell a lot more confident going wide open throttle from a dig.

More info on them here. I beleive that's what I paid for them also, about $185ea. More than the 245/45 R20 GY Supercar replacements @ $147 each but mine only lasted 24k miles, and I almost never floored it from a stop, or low speeds due to wheel hop. These cost a little more but should last me at least twice as long.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40630&tmn=Motivo&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance

I think this is same tire for a bit less.

https://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/nitto/255%252F45-20+nitto+nt421q+105w+bw.html
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

68_GT

that's not the same tire only the same brand and size. That might be a good tire I'm not sure about the specs or mileage warranty. Not the same therefore different price. I like the tread pattern of the Motivo model better than that one by far. I'm also OCD about the tread pattern and sidewall apearance of my tires. It has to be slick on the sidewalls for all my tire shine :)

I can tell you this I also just put Nitto 305/40 R- 22's on my Expedition and they are awesome as well. Expensive tire month :