• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New wheels and unique opportunity

Started by bigmoneycloser, February 13, 2014, 10:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Ok guys... The company that is building my motorcycle that produces it's own line of custom wheels and other motorcycle parts has decided to make a truck line of wheels.
They with be making sets to fit Chevy, ford and dodge. 20" & 22" from 9-12" wide.

They want opinions on what style of their motorcycle wheels people would like to see transformed into truck wheels. This is a great chance to have a real one of a kind wheel. As they will only make limit runs of their wheels and you might be able to have input into the final design of the wheel..and their quality is off the charts..

Check their site out and let me know if your interested in a set and or what designs you think would look best?

Www.glenndynedesign.com
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

DJE624

Kolk1

I would say the Forged G4, but thickened up a little bit for a car rim. Hell, those would look good on any of my bikes too. lol

Lanson

Those look good, but definitely pricy.  I love some of their designs, very original!

One brand you can compare directly against when it comes to forged one-piece wheels would be www.finspeed.com.  My next set of wheels will be coming from them, most likely.  For the price, I think they would be very hard to beat.  Now if this other company is operating in the 600-800 each range, then that would be really wonderful for a forged wheel.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

bigmoneycloser

I will find out pricing. Right now they are trying to find out what designs they want to convert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

My fav is the forged G9 with anoaccent.  Like Lanson I'd beef up the appearance a little for trucks and cars.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

yowen

Haha, I like yet another one! The G8! I think they'd like awesome on a black SHO. And as others have mentioned it might need to be "beefed" up a bit to make it look right on a car or truck.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor