• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Navigation - Traffic Info on 2010

Started by 04goat, February 17, 2014, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04goat

So my still somewhat new to me 2010 SHO has me scratching my head recently.  I went through a spell where the traffic information would update on the Nav unit, it give me a nice heads up on my commute for areas to avoid.  Well then all the sudden it stopped displaying traffic for a few months.  As of last week traffic info was back on again, but then again Friday it's turned off.

Turned off meaning I have no option to view traffic info, and pressing & holding the screen does not allow for an option of traffic, as it does when it's working fine.

Where is the traffic info coming from?  I'm assuming it's not part of the XM system, since I don't have a subscription (never have).  Is it coming over the radio reception like the Eurpoean system?  Or is it beaming through my smart phones bluetooth connection?

I'd like to figure it out so I can dependably use the traffic information, but I can't figure out how to reliably control it.  I tried the manual, and that's completely useless for this topic.
Toys: 2004 M6 Barbados Blue GTO w/mods - Sold
1937 Ford stake truck  My great grandfathers truck

Drivers: 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition
2010 SHO, 402b, contour seats, nav, & 20's

crash712us

It's apart of XM subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

mjhpadi

Actually I believe it's a Sirrus subscription and you can add it onto your Sirrus account, I believe it's about $6.95 a month, last time I checked, but I haven't subscribed since the free 6 months expired.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

BiGMaC

Quote from: mjhpadi on February 17, 2014, 02:17:47 PM
Actually I believe it's a Sirrus subscription and you can add it onto your Sirrus account, I believe it's about $6.95 a month, last time I checked, but 
Correct.  It can be paid semi-annually and automatically

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

elund126

I get the traffic information intermittently also. I have the basic Sirius subscription for music, but, it baffles me why the traffic info is there sometimes, and other times it isn't.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

BiGMaC

Quote from: elund126 on February 17, 2014, 03:05:52 PM
I get the traffic information intermittently also. I have the basic Sirius subscription for music, but, it baffles me why the traffic info is there sometimes, and other times it isn't.

Marketing?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

vernonator

Quote from: elund126 on February 17, 2014, 03:05:52 PM

Sirius/XM run specials occasionally where they turn on any tuner - subscription or not. This includes traffic - they have been doing this quite a bit the last year. So that most likely explains the on/off. Now if you are paying for it they may have your subscription screwed up - took me forever to remove my old car and put the sho on, and then even longer to credit me back when they were charging me for both cars. :(
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

BiGMaC

The worst part is that they don't offer one time payment life time subscription any more...   :- My F150 cost about $425 one time for everything they offer which makes it a wash at 2.5-3 yrs.... but it wouldn't transfer by contract......   :( and Now I pay every six months like everyone else

04goat

Interesting, because I certainly don't have a Sirius/XM subscription, never had.  Too cheap to pay for one, when the radio & my iPad will suffice.
Toys: 2004 M6 Barbados Blue GTO w/mods - Sold
1937 Ford stake truck  My great grandfathers truck

Drivers: 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition
2010 SHO, 402b, contour seats, nav, & 20's

mjhpadi

Here's the latest I know of Sirrus...first, they have had free 2 week trial where all radios were turned on for 2 weeks twice in the last few months, the last one just ended I believe on 10 Feb.  My subscription ran out and when we called to cancel they offered it for 99 dollars for a year, I said no, so they then offered me 5 months for 25 bucks, took that, and when it's due, I will again, play the game with them. If you don't mind the calling every 5-6 months, it can be a savings.  I know they will give deals to keep you subscribing. I've also heard of several other pricing deals, I guess it depends when you call.  Just FYI, I don't have the traffic on my subscription.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

mjhpadi

Quote from: 04goat on February 18, 2014, 01:07:39 PM
Interesting, because I certainly don't have a Sirius/XM subscription, never had.  Too cheap to pay for one, when the radio & my iPad will suffice.
I was always against paying for radio, since my first job was as an announcer on AM (many years ago), but once I had Sirrus, I hate to admit, I really do like it a lot.  I think it's worth the cost, and the variety of stations available means you can pretty much listen to whatever mood you are in, whether it be talk, oldies, hip hop, or even old radio shows.