• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" My Custom Grill - tomc612

Started by SHOdded, February 09, 2014, 07:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: 8nutz8 on January 15, 2017, 11:40:36 AM
Can anyone fix the pics in this thread? all broken for me :(
It appears Photobucket is down for the moment but will try again later.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Photobucket's been having issues on and off lately.  But it looks like the images have been moved or deleted.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Linemonkey

I know this is old, but I just discovered it lol. That's a sweet looking grill! I want to do that to my 13, but I have to see if I can pull it off without removing the bumper. Very nice work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

derfdog15

Quote from: Linemonkey on February 20, 2017, 05:07:31 PM
I know this is old, but I just discovered it lol. That's a sweet looking grill! I want to do that to my 13, but I have to see if I can pull it off without removing the bumper. Very nice work

I know the grill surround comes out easily without bumper removal, but the actual grill requires some work to remove, I had my surround off and was going to pull the grill as well, but couldn't see a way to do it without a bumper removal.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

ZSHO

I guess with any venture would simply avoid Tommy Z Grilles as many have had bad experience to say the least. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4234.msg65984.html#msg65984

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Linemonkey

That's a shame that people had so much trouble with him. I'd rather have the satisfaction of ordering the materials and making it myself, anyway

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

Blackhawk

There is a guy on facebook selling new molded grills for 325 shipped I believe for 2010-2012.  I will be buying one in the spring.

https://www.facebook.com/rod.smith.3720

ZSHO

FYI- These PB PICS ^^ unfortunately have been Deleted permanently. Z  :(

Agentlongwood

Man, do I ever REALLY want to do something like this on my car.  I don't wan't to cut up the actual grilles though...  Does anyone know how to remove the 2 grilles on the 2013+ Lincoln MKS?  I can't figure it out, lol.  It's totally not fair that the Taurus turbo model gets a cool black mesh grille, but the MKS turbo model gets the same grille as the base model.  I want to use a material as similar as possible to the SHO mesh.  Without being able to remove the existing grilles intact, I don't feel comfortable trying it out.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!