• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

More tune testing...:)

Started by Needmoreboost, February 05, 2014, 03:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needmoreboost

Rock and roll BigPelo!  Im hoping to get some logs in before end of next week.  :)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

tmcphail

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

BigPelo

I want downpipes and coilovers and exhaust and meth but my budget says no 😭
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

REDSHOCGO

What exactly is this new tune?
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

tmcphail

Quite a bit but it is in development and only impacts the 13-14 SHO/FLEX right now.
Take care,

REDSHOCGO

Will u be working on 2010 to 12 highly interested
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

tmcphail

That will be dependent on the results from this round of testing.
Take care,

REDSHOCGO

Thumbs up to you torrie hope for great results so I can get in on it

tmcphail

Take care,

Wild13SHO

Quote from: tmcphail on February 08, 2014, 06:34:36 PM
Quite a bit but it is in development and only impacts the 13-14 SHO/FLEX right now.

This sounds great!  Looking forward to the updates.
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

FoMoCoSHO

Mr Torrie, when you tune our cars, Do you have AFR commanded control?

tmcphail

Take care,

Josephm

Mr Torrie, Would you do tuning with a small amount E85 ? I only have 92OCT available near me so the E85 would be to raise OCT
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

FoMoCoSHO

Well, I have E-85 very close to my house and I rarely travel.

I would like to do some experimentation as I've had some good results stock with E-85, my current blend is about 23.5 % @ 96.5 octane.

I have been monitoring with Torque, AFR commanded and measured seems stable but I know it will work better if stoich is adjusted to the blend I am running. Using Torque and an ethanol calculator I am able to keep the blend very close to where I want.

I am seeing 2600-2700 PSI peak on the fuel rail and I've not seen any dropouts in the logs like is being seen with some of the 2013's that have been tuned. (not yours)

I am going to figure out how to enable the graphing feature and log only FRP so I get the most data possible. I am confused with my results as they seem contrary to what the conventional wisdom about the Eco fuel system is. The 2013's are different, the LPFP is variable and maxes out 10 PSI higher than gen 4.1. I have been documenting my experiences in 4dr's E-85 is awesome thread if you are interested.

Would you be able to help me with my endeavor? I plan to start my build as soon as this miserable winter ends. I currently have a typhoon on the car and I have catted downpipes and 4dr's boost actuated cutout ready to be installed at the same time.

I do have an AWD dyno in my area and I would be happy to do any logging necessary to get it dialed in.

FoMoCoSHO

NeedMoreBoost, sorry for jacking your thread. I can remove and repost if you'd like.