• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed February SCT Specials.

Started by tmcphail, February 03, 2014, 11:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

Torrie, can you tell me what kinds of tunes are available for the 2010 SHO, 91 octane. Also, I own an SCT tuner that is sitting around doing nothing. How much for just tunes for the tuner I have available. Thanks.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

tmcphail

I can build whatever you require, Custom file set for existing hardware is $ 199
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOdded

Ya, that sounds like you have an F150 on hand, not a SHO!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

tmcphail

That graph was generated by my customer in Idaho at an independent facility. Email that accompanied it :

Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 10:09 PM
To: Mr. Torrie R. McPhail
Subject: 2014 Taurus SHO tuned

Torrie, thought I'd provide a little feedback.  Loaded the 91 octane tune yesterday and, with a quick interstate run, the butt dyno said we had made quite a difference.  Today I found out that there is an AWD dyno in a nearby town.  The tuning shop has a Dynocom DC-15,000X AWD chassis dyno; 3 pulls for $75. With a tank of 91 octane (no ethanol), I drove up there.  They do runs in 4th starting at 2 grand.  1st run had best wheel HP of 360.7 @ 4450 RPM.  Trying to accelerate faster on the next run resulted in a downshift to 3rd and aborted run.  Next attempt produced best torque of 471.9 at 3200 RPM with run ending in an upshift to 5th about 5000 RPM.  Last run again ended in an upshift to 5th about 5000 RPM with max HP of 354.3 @ 4250 RPM and 453.2 ft-lbs @ 4000 RPM.  How do these compare to your sea level numbers? I realize comparisons between different dyno's aren't exact. They had an F-150 Ecoboost run to lay over mine.  Truck also had a Cat Back, CAI, and an SCT tune.  We were under only a couple HP and about 15 ft-lbs. Curves were very similar except for drop offs about 4000 RPM; car pulls much farther.  I'm grinning big time.  Any suggestions from your end are much appreciated.  Thanks a bunch, Lucien
Take care,

Josephm

Wow!!! That is epic even if the dyno slightly inflated the numbers (Who knows) but the fact that it had the F150 dyno to reference.... EPIC; Just goes to show some people tuning are changing very little, and is essentially a 'off the shelf' tune.

Noticed it said 'No ethanol' is that a benefit?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

tmcphail

All of my calibrations are custom and hand generated by me. I can only speak for the work that I personally do.
Take care,

Josephm

The 92 without Ethanol has an added benefit that 92 with ethanol ?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

tmcphail

Take care,

SwampRat

Do all the Tuners work with The SHO ?   2013
I would prefer  the Livewire TS .

I have AirAid CAI and Corsa CatBack.

I AM getting PPE catless DP's from 4DR and want tuner and files to be set up after DP install is finished .

I  Will order SCT Tuner from you next week as well .

Files installed  for 91octane  no ethanol for  daily use and one for 93 octane with no ethanol in it.

I would allso like a file loaded to take advantage of Sunoco GT 260 100 octane race fuel.
For track use only  the  fuel in tank twill be emptied prior to fueling.
I do not plan on or care to use ethanol blends  of any kind .

This summer , June vacation :

Upgraded ATP turbo's and some type of fuel pump ( 4DR's  Maybe ) upgrade and the soon to be released GDI Deatschwerks  High flow Injectors.

Injectors may not be ready in time , but I'll get with you on new tune files for turbos and pump upgrade .

I will get back with on that later .

Hint .. Hint .... window banner decal strip for rear window !

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

tmcphail

No problem. All SCT Devices currently work on your controller. X3, Livewire TS, and iTSX. All in stock.
Take care,

SwampRat

Quote from: tmcphail on February 13, 2014, 03:00:01 PM
No problem. All SCT Devices currently work on your controller. X3, Livewire TS, and iTSX. All in stock.

Next week for sure ...What about a tune file for the Sunoco Fuel  ?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

tmcphail

Take care,

Needmoreboost

Quote from: tmcphail on February 08, 2014, 12:06:02 PM
That graph was generated by my customer in Idaho at an independent facility. Email that accompanied it :

Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 10:09 PM
To: Mr. Torrie R. McPhail
Subject: 2014 Taurus SHO tuned

Torrie, thought I'd provide a little feedback.  Loaded the 91 octane tune yesterday and, with a quick interstate run, the butt dyno said we had made quite a difference.  Today I found out that there is an AWD dyno in a nearby town.  The tuning shop has a Dynocom DC-15,000X AWD chassis dyno; 3 pulls for $75. With a tank of 91 octane (no ethanol), I drove up there.  They do runs in 4th starting at 2 grand.  1st run had best wheel HP of 360.7 @ 4450 RPM.  Trying to accelerate faster on the next run resulted in a downshift to 3rd and aborted run.  Next attempt produced best torque of 471.9 at 3200 RPM with run ending in an upshift to 5th about 5000 RPM.  Last run again ended in an upshift to 5th about 5000 RPM with max HP of 354.3 @ 4250 RPM and 453.2 ft-lbs @ 4000 RPM.  How do these compare to your sea level numbers? I realize comparisons between different dyno's aren't exact. They had an F-150 Ecoboost run to lay over mine.  Truck also had a Cat Back, CAI, and an SCT tune.  We were under only a couple HP and about 15 ft-lbs. Curves were very similar except for drop offs about 4000 RPM; car pulls much farther.  I'm grinning big time.  Any suggestions from your end are much appreciated.  Thanks a bunch, Lucien

Great numbers for only 91 octane Torrie!  Awesome tune.  I will be running that 93 tune tomorrow....;)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.