• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro profile set up and initial start up

Started by bigmoneycloser, February 02, 2014, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

You don't have to manually quit Torque. You simply find the Torque set up menu and set Torque to go to sleep on power off. The Nexus is also separately set up to go to sleep a few seconds after power off. You then let the MX go to sleep on it's own. Simple, clean, automatic. Works every time. Almost every time that is. One time the Tablet locked up on me and stayed on when I shut off power and I had to reboot the tablet to get everything working again. I guess all things computer may need an occasional reboot.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

One more thing.....if you are powering the Nexus from a power source that is dead when the ignition is cut, there is no way the tablet could drain your battery. That is key. You need to use switched power source!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

dalum

There is a known issue with torque and the MX sleeping.  If you checked the box in torque to put the mx to sleep it actually can keep the mx awake.  I was told to uncheck this box then hold down the button on the mx until the led's start scanning.  This puts the mx back to its stock setup and it should sleep properly.  After you're away from the vehicle for a couple hours look at the mx (if you can) before opening the door or unlocking the door.  If the green light is on (or blinking?) its not sleeping.  Anything that causes a battery voltage dip (parking light flash, dome light, door locks) will wake the mx up.  The mx WILL deeply discharge your battery all on its own if its not turning off.  It's current draw by itself taking no readings is pretty high, ask me how I know  :'(

You should root your nexus so you can quit torque, turn off the radios, and sleep the device when the ignition is turned off.  Then when you turn the ignition on it will wake up the nexus, clear the keyguard, turn on the radios, launch torque, and do what ever else you want.
2013 Non-PP SHO

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 16, 2014, 02:49:57 PM
Ok
So this is what I found. When I kill power the nexus goes instantly into sleep mode. Which means torque is running in the back ground and the mx stays on and continues to have BT searching for connection..
But, if I quit torque and then kill power, the mx BT shuts down after about 6 minutes.

So that is pretty perfect....
I'm not sure if the BT is what killed my battery the other day or the nexus drawing power, but it should all be resolved now.

Thanks..

Bluetooth consumes a fair amount of power. Consider the difference in battery life with your phone when BT is enabled. I love the feature in Torque that turns BT on and off your device on program start and end.

bigmoneycloser

Yup
I think I got it figured out.
As long as I quit torque, the obd shuts down and stops searching for BT and the nexus sleeps at ignition kill.

Good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes