• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro profile set up and initial start up

Started by bigmoneycloser, February 02, 2014, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Mikesb on February 09, 2014, 01:39:40 PM
Pid's are what the gauges are called?
Still trying to get a boost and a knock pid

I looked at that knock pid set up thread. Is that what I should do?

You can follow the directions in there to get a reading of knock.  I've been using it reliably for some time now...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

bigmoneycloser

DEAD Battery this morning..
Only sat for 24hrs

I got some dumb questions for you.
First battery is dead on my truck. Ugh.
Here is situation. I left obd plugged in(which I have had plugged in since day one and it says it has a "battery saver feature")
I also left tablet plugged in.

Truck battery dead. Won't even unlock doors.
When i check tablet battery life it is almost dead as well.
So could the problem be leaving the tablet plugged in or the obd plugged in or is there any chance the USB port is drawing power 24/7??

Reality is it shouldn't be the obd and I didn't think leaving tablet plugged in while truck was off would draw power??
Once I get jumped.. I will check to see if obd turns off when truck is off and also check to see if tablet is charging when truck is off..
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Bigjht

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 14, 2014, 08:03:49 AM
DEAD Battery this morning..
Only sat for 24hrs

I got some dumb questions for you.
First battery is dead on my truck. Ugh.
Here is situation. I left obd plugged in(which I have had plugged in since day one and it says it has a "battery saver feature")
I also left tablet plugged in.

Truck battery dead. Won't even unlock doors.
When i check tablet battery life it is almost dead as well.
So could the problem be leaving the tablet plugged in or the obd plugged in or is there any chance the USB port is drawing power 24/7??

Reality is it shouldn't be the obd and I didn't think leaving tablet plugged in while truck was off would draw power??
Once I get jumped.. I will check to see if obd turns off when truck is off and also check to see if tablet is charging when truck is off..
Thx

I recently had the same issue and was able to resolve it. Do you have the setting for the tablet to go to sleep once power is cut off set?  I found that even if the truck was off but the tablet was still on it would still talk with the OBD plug and keep it awake. There is also a setting in Torque that needs to be checked to allow the MX plug to go to sleep after 600 sec that needs to be activated otherwise it won't go to sleep. The tablet being dead could be that sleep setting or could depend on the amp rating on your USB charger. If it's 1 amp then it won't keep up with the power output of the tablet while it's running Torque and scanning.
2013 PP SHO - Airaid CAI, Eibach Springs, Livernois Tune
2013 EB F150 Limited - Stock for Now!

Larrylu

I agree with Bight. Make sure you find a power source for your tablet that goes dead on ignition off. Then have Torque turn itself off on power off. Then have the tablet go to sleep on power off. Have the tablet go into airplane mode on power off. The MX will take care of itself. If you do these things it can work perfectly!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

My MX has been plugged in from day 1 with no issues.

bigmoneycloser

Ok
Someone please help figure this out??
I have the nexus set up of off or sleep mode as soon as truck power is off.
But the mx obd still searches for Bluetooth while everything is off...
I changed every setting in torque that said it would turn off obd...
But it still is not turning off the blue tooth searching...

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 16, 2014, 12:36:35 PM
Ok

not sure you can turn off the mx searching for a home (Blu-tooth)... not sure you want to.  The Nexus will be found quicker when it's on that way.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 16, 2014, 12:36:35 PM
Ok

It is my understanding that the MX will go to sleep (ultra low power mode) but it still polls for the bluetooth signal. I see this behavior in my car....if I pull up torque in the house, the OBD wakes up and establishes communication with the MX then Torque tells me it can't communicate with the ECU. My MX powers down but once in a while you see a blue blink looking for the bluetooth signal....but it's very infrequent. The power draw is supposed to be extremely low while in this state, and like I said, I've had no issues.

FoMoCoSHO

Are you closing Torque when you get out of the car? If you leave it running in the background on the tablet, that may be the issue.

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2014, 12:53:30 PM
Are you closing Torque when you get out of the car? If you leave it running in the background on the tablet, that may be the issue.
Testing that right now

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

futat2

Seems like the easiest  solution would be to pull out the MX tool when you park for the night. I understand it might be a little inconvenient but way easer and faster then having a dead battery all the time.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 16, 2014, 12:56:03 PM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2014, 12:53:30 PM
Testing that right now

You should also be able to set up your notifications on the tab to alert you in case you forget. My phone tells me constantly when I am changing dashboards or whatever when I'm in the house.

Larrylu

On my set up, torque goes to sleep (not off) as soon as power is cut. The Nexus follows in going to sleep in seconds. The MX takes care of itself. On power on everything reverses.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

Quote from: futat2 on February 16, 2014, 01:02:36 PM
Seems like the easiest  solution would be to pull out the MX tool when you park for the night. I understand it might be a little inconvenient but way easer and faster then having a dead battery all the time.
The MX is not the cause of the dead battery. It is all in the set up of the tablet and the App.

bigmoneycloser

Ok
So this is what I found. When I kill power the nexus goes instantly into sleep mode. Which means torque is running in the back ground and the mx stays on and continues to have BT searching for connection..
But, if I quit torque and then kill power, the mx BT shuts down after about 6 minutes.

So that is pretty perfect....
I'm not sure if the BT is what killed my battery the other day or the nexus drawing power, but it should all be resolved now.

Thanks..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A