• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

WTF is wrong with Some people any More ... Keyed SHO

Started by SwampRat, January 30, 2014, 11:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

futat2

not sure if this is out of line or not on the forum, but if you set up a paypal donation link, Ill throw you 20 bucks to help with your deductible. I know its not much but I do believe karma goes around. 1500 is a lot of cash to s*** out at once for some on else's ignorance.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

FracaSHO

Quote from: futat2 on January 31, 2014, 04:02:46 PM
not sure if this is out of line or not on the forum, but if you set up a paypal donation link, Ill throw you 20 bucks to help with your deductible. I know its not much but I do believe karma goes around. 1500 is a lot of cash to s*** out at once for some on else's ignorance.

Certainly not out of line. I for one would have no problem helping out a fellow forum buddy.

But it begs the question where do the donations stop? Who gets monetary help and for what reason?  I personally think getting involved with money always opens up a can of worms. 

IMO it's probably best to stick with donating our knowledge, time, referrals, experiences, stories, etc.

But I speak for myself alone, and if the majority decides to go this route, I got $5 on it.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on January 31, 2014, 05:14:05 PM

Certainly not out of line. I for one would have no problem helping out a fellow forum buddy.

But it begs the question where do the donations stop? Who gets monetary help and for what reason?  I personally think getting involved with money always opens up a can of worms. 

IMO it's probably best to stick with donating our knowledge, time, referrals, experiences, stories, etc.

But I speak for myself alone, and if the majority decides to go this route, I got $5 on it.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

Agree with everything you guys say.... IMHO, Let's let it be kbeck's decision whether to set up a paypal address... and each individual member's decision whether to help financially.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

futat2

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 31, 2014, 05:37:20 PM

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

Agree with everything you guys say.... IMHO, Let's let it be kbeck's decision whether to set up a paypal address... and each individual member's decision whether to help financially.
bone stock (for now)

futat2

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 31, 2014, 05:37:20 PM

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

Thats what i was getting at, kbeck set it up if interested. as far as over shooting the initial 1500 I would be surprised and have a whole new outlook on humanity as a whole. not saying anything about the ladies and gentleman on the forum, just the way it goes. Even if every forum member put in a few bucks i don't think it would cover it all. I donate to many causes where and when I can. timing picks that for me, if i have it I give it if not Ill get the next one. Im nothing close to rich and have received help in my life, just like to give it back when I can.
bone stock (for now)

REDSHOCGO

Damn man sorry to hear that..why the hell would they key your car probably jealous cause its so bad ass and they can't afford it. Hope those priks get caught
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

SwampRat

Any thoughts of donations to help me are appreciated but not needed ...... lets put those efforts to fixing  ROTM guys ! ! !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Tomc612

Keying a car is as cowardly an act as you can get... mostly done out of jealousy and spite,or to get revenge on someone..I hope things work out for you..

REDSHOCGO

2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

Mikesb

If the term (you get what you pay for) is true, it definitely applies to the automotive paint industry. You can find someone to do almost anything for almost anything. My point is $3800 sounds like a good price. Make sure shop has good reputation and good reviews, one quick way to judge a shop is to look at the facility (clean and in-order) will tell you a lot.

I've got $20 
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

REDSHOCGO

It is true. The cleaner and more organized the facility usually adds up to a better more effective job getting done. I work for a iso 9001 company that puts great emphasis on 5s which is set sort shine standardize and sustain and let me tell you we do excellent work because of that which actually ranked us in the top 50 repair centers in the US

Frozen Taurus

This is the reason I dislike most of humanity ... you can never own anything nice and protect it from the jealous
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

SwampRat

Quote from: Mikesb on February 01, 2014, 09:41:46 AM
If the term (you get what you pay for) is true, it definitely applies to the automotive paint industry. You can find someone to do almost anything for almost anything. My point is $3800 sounds like a good price. Make sure shop has good reputation and good reviews, one quick way to judge a shop is to look at the facility (clean and in-order) will tell you a lot.

I got two other  estimates done elsewhere ,  both were cheaper  .

Ive decided to stick with  these  guys  # 1 rated in Tulsa , OK

Fiancee dopping it off Mon ... 2 - 3 weeks before it is done .

http://www.hourglasscollision.com/

2021 Edge ST

SwampRat

Quote from: Frozen Taurus on February 01, 2014, 11:45:30 AM
This is the reason I dislike most of humanity ... you can never own anything nice and protect it from the jealous

In as much as I try  to remain upbeat , I am having the same thoughts lately
Be HAPPY BE HAPPY BE HAPPY   ...........  Oooooohhhhhhh Boy ! ! !

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: kbeck59 on February 01, 2014, 12:13:11 PM
Quote from: Frozen Taurus on February 01, 2014, 11:45:30 AM

In as much as I try  to remain upbeat , I am having the same thoughts lately
Be HAPPY BE HAPPY BE HAPPY   ...........  Oooooohhhhhhh Boy ! ! !

Take heart in that it should be pristine when you do get it back!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock