• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Inside Rear Door Handle Issue

Started by PokerMunkee, September 14, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

Pretty sure my 3 year old was pulling on the interior door handle on the rear passenger door while I was at the car wash....

The spring fell off and is inside the door somewhere (can hear it).  The inside door handle still opens the door but doesn't snap back like the other door. 

I need to get the door panel off to get to the spring and attempt to get it back on.  How does the panel come off?  I found one screw but not sure if I just need to pull hard and there are clips?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

glock-coma

You need to take off the faux carbon fiber strip. There are 2 more bolts behind that. Then there is screws along the bottom. 3 I believe. Then just push clips that hold it on around the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

Also one bolt is behind the plastic cover inside the door handle cover. It's hard to get the cover off. But it's the entire oval piece inside the pull handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Rolling the window down all the way will also give you more access when pulling the door panel which goes up due to the lock hinge,do your door locks work?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

panther427

You do have a Warranty lol.  Just saying. I know it's a pain to drop it off for you

Hope it gets fixed one way or another
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

I had this happen too. Must be a common issue. Mine was the drivers side rear. The spring came flying out at me hah. So I put it back in then put a little epoxy on the part that holds it in.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

markssho

Same here. I will get Ford to pickup the tab, via warranty, on the next visit.
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC