• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

6gun gets the SHO!!

Started by 6gun, January 22, 2014, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: 6gun on January 23, 2014, 05:35:20 PM
The real lucky part is having an understanding spouse (of 30 years).  She knows I love cars and has been tolerant over the years of my wandering eye in the auto department....my ONLY area of infidelity.  In fact, when we bought the Raptor, we were actually looking at Expedition EL's and saw this black beast on the back of the lot.  I had to look it over, so did she.... when I asked her if she could see herself driving the truck, she said "HELL YA"....game over.  With the SHO, I've always loved these cars, but we were replacing a BMW 740i, and found a cherry 745Li, but it had some bugs, and I know how late-model BMW's can create an all-consuming vortex near one's wallet, so I kept looking till I found this car.  The Bimmer was a B52-bomber with gobs of back seat room and the SHO is clearly a sports sedan, but we couldn't be happier or more giddy.  The real test will be our quarterly jaunt to our cabin in S. Missouri and how long the SHO's legs are after 9-hours and if we can ever walk again....anyway, we are now looking at the FORD ESP Prem. plan to keep her humming for a long time.  We usually don't buy aftermarket warranties, but we have ESP Prem on the F150 and it has been simply amazing how Ford stands behind the warranty.  It has paid for itself several times over, including rental cars no questions asked.  Can't wait to do a photo session with both the truck and car, but will probably have to wait till the spring thaw....

I got the service books out at the dealer and added it up when I bought mine.   I got 70K/7yrs maintenance when I bought.. It was several thousand dollars cheaper than the current booked maintenance charges... I thought it was a good deal.  Besides they sold me that and the Ford extended warranty together for about $3000.  There is one of the maintenance visits, can't remember which, that was about $800 all by itself..... find a good price and get it... oil prices, etc. will rise!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

6gun

Getting Ford ESP Premium Care 60 mo/75K miles for around $2500 w/$100 deductible.  This includes rental car coverage and covers almost everything except wiper blades, shocks, tires, brake pad and normal wear stuff.  Based on my experience with the truck, I judge this is a good deal and pushes me to around 110K miles covered.  It's also transferable.  Purchasing through Harold Zeigler, who I bought the other plan through.  I might ring my local dealer to see if he can compete on price....never know.  Net net is I almost never buy aftermarket warranties, but I've had such great support from Ford on my truck policy, I plan to jump in again.

www.zeiglerfordesp.com 

2010 SHO - 2013 20" Wheels, K&N, Amp and Sub
2011 F150 Raptor - Tux Black, Saints Offroad Pre-Runner Bravo Bumper, 40" LED light bar, Stubby antenna, K&N, Bottom Pearch
1995 BMW 740i  - M-Sport Wheels, K&N
1997 GMC Yukon GT - Denali wheels, 35" Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's, K&N Cold Air, Edlebrock Cam/Headers