• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BOV to VTA

Started by 2010SHOtime, January 27, 2014, 10:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

281Thunder

I've done this as well in the past few weeks. Capped them with the black chair leg caps...$2 at Lowes. Pulled the hose completely from the front one...for the back one, just pulled the intake side since the BOV side is hard to reach, and left the hose there.

I could hear it before with the Typhoon intake, but it's even more noticeable now, especially at lighter throttle. It's slightly louder, and maybe a little more raspy/higher pitched.
2011 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: Spartn27 on May 20, 2014, 12:11:32 PM
With my intake system my VTA is pretty noticeable to the point where other drivers notice, the tune made it much more effortless to replicate at my disposal.
Same here... Did mine due to hotpipes. Used to go pfffft.... Now goes PFFFFT!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

peppelepugh

Just finished my BOV to VTA last night. Took about 45min due to lack of the right tool to get the hose off the back BOV. BUT, with much fiddling, swearing, and 1 cut knuckle.... my car goes PPPPFFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!! just waiting to see how bad my gas mileage is because every time it goes, i giggle and smile like a 2 year old....
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

glock-coma

That sound is made for parking garages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: peppelepugh on September 18, 2014, 08:10:31 AM
Just finished my BOV to VTA last night. Took about 45min due to lack of the right tool to get the hose off the back BOV. BUT, with much fiddling, swearing, and 1 cut knuckle.... my car goes PPPPFFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!! just waiting to see how bad my gas mileage is because every time it goes, i giggle and smile like a 2 year old....
The pita part is putting back that rear hose,next time just remove one section and cap off the port,easier that way if you need to put it back down the road for dealer service,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

Quote from: ZSHO on September 18, 2014, 09:30:21 AM
The pita part is putting back that rear hose,next time just remove one section and cap off the port,easier that way if you need to put it back down the road for dealer service,good luck.

*SHOOTING SELF IN FOOT* thankfully i just had my 50k checkup last week and won't need to go back for a while, knock on wood...
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

BiGMaC

Quote from: peppelepugh on September 18, 2014, 10:55:30 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 18, 2014, 09:30:21 AM

*SHOOTING SELF IN FOOT* thankfully i just had my 50k checkup last week and won't need to go back for a while, knock on wood...
While anything could happen... I had a valve cover gasket leak and had the dealer replace it with my hotpipes in place.... No hose to reconnect they had to R&R the charge system to do it.  The dealer got it back perfectly and called it "air in - air out" change with no problem.... Again, anything could happen

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

peppelepugh

Quick question going along with the VTA mod. This is my first turbo vehicle i've owned. Should I be concerned with any oil in the pipe where the BOVs are?

glock-coma

It depends on how much. There will be some, just because of the nature of the pcv system. The hose on the front valve cover recirculates oil vapors  back into the intake system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

peppelepugh

yeah, figuring car is at 50k miles, it wasn't POURING out or anything crazy. but i was able to wipe up a bit on my finger.

Silkysmooth02

My son just took delivery of his 2010 pearl white non PP SHO today.  We came straight home just to vent the BOV to atmosphere, lol.  Man it sounds so much better than stock.  tunes coming very soon.
If ur not first, ur last.......mods: BOV VTA conversion,93 Octane 3 bar tune from Unleashed Tuning,  blue LEDs inside, white outside. 2 JBL GTI Mkii 12" subs, Planet Audio BB2400.1, Big 3, kinetic 1200 deep cycle batt.

ZSHO

Thats a nice feeling father&son working together and getting to enjoy the car.cause i am in the same position,but i usually try to drive slow when together with him,good luck and keep the bond&mods going,Silkysmooth02.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

281Thunder

Best thing I've found to handle this stock pesky squeeze clamps is a good set of vice grips. Adjust them right, squeeze them on the clamps, then you can pull the hose off without having to hold the clamp.
2011 SHO

SHOdded

Vice grips can be real lifesavers working around cars :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Airbornemaikai

I bought some cobalt vice grips specifically for this, damn things aren't even a year old but wont remain clamped
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260