• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BOV to VTA

Started by 2010SHOtime, January 27, 2014, 10:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

Quote from: 281Thunder on February 16, 2014, 03:00:10 PM
There's no adverse affects in doing this? I seem to remember from my Subaru days that those cars don't like getting away from the recirc BOV's...messes with how the car runs.
Maybe so, but those are MAS base tuned cars. However out cars our MAP based speed density tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Snacks15

Quote from: REDSHOCGO on February 08, 2014, 10:27:40 PM
Will this negatively affect reliability of the turbos?
theres no negative impact to the car though right..im thinking about doing this
Theres no time like SHOTIME!!

crash712us

Quote from: Snacks15 on February 16, 2014, 06:06:44 PM
Quote from: REDSHOCGO on February 08, 2014, 10:27:40 PM
Will this negatively affect reliability of the turbos?
theres no negative impact to the car though right..im thinking about doing this

none.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

panther427

Did my front blow off today got to get another hose clamp to finish the back one
2013 SHO

Snacks15

Quote from: DJE624 on February 07, 2014, 09:00:07 PM
It's really easy.  Just remove the hoses from the BOV to the intake.  The front is super easy.  Sqeeze the clamps and wiggle the tube off.  The back, I just took the end off the intake.  Then, pop on the caps.  Your done. 

sounds like a 20 min job lol
Theres no time like SHOTIME!!

REDSHOCGO

It's a real pita to remove the back hose off of the bov valve
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

panther427

Ya the rear is a pain.. I unhooked the front BOV sensor and rubber connection so i could rotate the pipe and get better access to the rear clamp that is on the BOV.. if you only want a little noise fluff just cap the front BOV if you want more noise do both front and back..

Also these rubber chair caps do work but i would be much happier if we can find a proper high temp cap.
2013 SHO

panther427

What cap does the hotpipe kit have
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on February 19, 2014, 03:34:41 PM
I assume you mean the caps for the nipples on the turbo piping (the ones that allow recirc instead of VTA).  Hope I got your question right.

Here's the pics of the kit: http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/Ford-Flex-SHO-Lincoln-MKT-MKS-Hot-Pipes-EB-HotPipes.htm

There are no caps I know of as part of the kit (I have a coated stock mounting version ordered)... The BoV tubing comes off the mounted BoV itself for the 2 stock BoVs or is straight VTA with the single TIAL BoV.  I never discussed caps with Mike... I also own the TIAL version currently and plan to sell it after I install and test the new ones... I personally just wanted a little quieter turbo blow off.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

crash712us

The recirc plumbing is not a part of the hot pipe kit.

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 19, 2014, 03:58:40 PM
Quote from: panther427 on February 19, 2014, 03:34:41 PM
I assume you mean the caps for the nipples on the turbo piping (the ones that allow recirc instead of VTA).  Hope I got your question right.

Here's the pics of the kit: http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/Ford-Flex-SHO-Lincoln-MKT-MKS-Hot-Pipes-EB-HotPipes.htm

There are no caps I know of as part of the kit (I have a coated stock mounting version ordered)... The BoV tubing comes off the mounted BoV itself for the 2 stock BoVs or is straight VTA with the single TIAL BoV.  I never discussed caps with Mike... I also own the TIAL version currently and plan to sell it after I install and test the new ones... I personally just wanted a little quieter turbo blow off.

SOLD to Me ... YUP  YUP  !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOmanMike84

Here are some high temp silicon caps that will work. 4DR found these a while ago, I can confirm they're a perfect fit.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#92805k28/=qrnoos

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

panther427

Sorry im on my phone writing this. So this is the topic on making the bov vent to atmosp. Right now our solution is to buy the chair leg caps which will work for sometime. But i worry about long term reliability of the rubber. The heat cycles could easily damage that rhbber over time. So i am using the chair leg caps currently. And have continued looking for a better solution. Well tlit dawned on me that if you buy the hot pipes aka intercooler piping you would have to cap off the same holes in the intake tubes as you would to make the stock bov vta.. so that hot pipe must come with a good quality cap for the stock intake rubes.
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on February 19, 2014, 08:00:56 PM
Right now our solution is to buy the chair leg caps which will work for sometime. But i worry about long term reliability of the rubber. The heat cycles could easily damage that rhbber over time. So i am using the chair leg caps currently.  Well, til it dawned on me that if you buy the hot pipes you would have to cap off the same holes in the intake tubes as you would to make the stock bov vta.. so that hot pipe must come with a good quality cap for the stock intake rubes.

Unfortunately they don't come with caps... here's the best solution i've seen courtesy 4DR and passed on by SHOmanMike84:

Quote from: SHOmanMike84 on February 19, 2014, 07:56:11 PM
Here are some high temp silicon caps that will work. 4DR found these a while ago, I can confirm they're a perfect fit.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Quote from: panther427 on February 19, 2014, 08:00:56 PM
Sorry im on my phone writing this. So this is the topic on making the bov vent to atmosp. Right now our solution is to buy the chair leg caps which will work for sometime. But i worry about long term reliability of the rubber. The heat cycles could easily damage that rhbber over time. So i am using the chair leg caps currently. And have continued looking for a better solution. Well tlit dawned on me that if you buy the hot pipes aka intercooler piping you would have to cap off the same holes in the intake tubes as you would to make the stock bov vta.. so that hot pipe must come with a good quality cap for the stock intake rubes.
Quote from: SHOmanMike84 on February 19, 2014, 07:56:11 PM

4DR's HotPipe require no capping because they are not plumbed for blow off .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST