• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Questions about cutout for aftermarket DP / stock exhaust

Started by dmharvey79, January 23, 2014, 11:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 23, 2014, 07:27:21 PM
Kbeck.... They lost the jig... I have priced it out with 4DR..... he can reproduced it though. as a "one of" it will likely be as much as $1600 on the car with my ideas.  A group buy would help.    As far as the one for the Lexus being adapted 4DR promises more later and already works with the fabricator.

Original 4DR cutout is Bad Ass  but if 4DR is working with PPE I will definitely be Looking forward to that outcome ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

...BUT... a controllable cutout is way ahead of everything except CAI (in development), DP (thermal coated on order now), hotpipes (I have them will install other hardware), and a tune with t-stat and plugs (need hardware in place)...... I will find a way to get a good one on the ride!  :hmmm:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

Interesting option....good find!  :icon_horns2:  Good reading about it too!

From the pic that seems to be basically what was done for the Lexus cutout (blog link posted below by 4DR)..... What I thought was a "dummy" mufler must be how the Varex works. 

Hmmmm  still I'd ask about the performance difference on a cutout at the bottom of the DPs vs a varex even with a straight-leg exhaust and no other potential restrictions... you know, just the length of pipe.

I just sent an email to them with requests on recs, WHP changes with muffler straight through, any sound comments on exhaust note, and component costs less instal.. so we'll see

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

EcoPowerParts

Couple things:
If you're worried about another 8' of 2.5" pipe I wouldn't worry about that being enough back pressure to cause any issues.
Do some research on the electric cutouts, they are horrible, rattle and die it's not a good scenario.
PPE has joined and I'm sure he'll way in soon. I saw the dynos and it looks great, especially considering it's an NA car, we'll pick up a ton more power than they will.
Bad thing is the SHO would be different from Flex and different from the Explorer Sport :(
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 23, 2014, 08:55:39 PM
Couple things:
If you're worried about another 8' of 2.5" pipe I wouldn't worry about that being enough back pressure to cause any issues.
Do some research on the electric cutouts, they are horrible, rattle and die it's not a good scenario.
PPE has joined and I'm sure he'll way in soon. I saw the dynos and it looks great, especially considering it's an NA car, we'll pick up a ton more power than they will.
Bad thing is the SHO would be different from Flex and different from the Explorer Sport :(

Good info.... dyno changes would be nice to know as well as cost..... I hope PPE weighs in.  This is a mod I'm very interested in... wanna be able to go from sleeper to creature in the wink of an eye!

EcoPowerParts

PPE Dual Mode Exhaust

This is the exhaust in action.
BTW, if you think about it, it should be cheaper than the cutout option (pipes around $1500 and $400 for the cutout)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 23, 2014, 11:48:27 PM

This is the exhaust in action.
BTW, if you think about it, it should be cheaper than the cutout option (pipes around $1500 and $400 for the cutout)

So for the SHO would it take 2?  Can they give us a price? On the Lexus forum they are saying $2600 and up for one car... is this correct?

BiGMaC

Here's the reply from varex.  It seems this is an overseas manufacture by the phone numbers and IP.  The control box is separate.  So with 2 "universal" mufflers and a controller we're likely about $1200-$1500 depending on the installer... Check details of their rely below.  I doubt I will Go this way ...

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry - Thank you very much for the interest you have exhibited in our products.

We are sorry to say that we don't have the direct bolt-on exhaust for Ford Taurus SHO 2013. Since we haven't done any works on this car, we are sorry to say that we are not sure which one will be the most suitable.

However, you can custom fit the universal muffler on your car. I have enclosed the following universal Varex price list for your review:

Price for the universal VAREX mufflers:

Description
Part Number
Recommended Retail Price
2.5" and 3" Cannon style
VMK2G-250,VMK2G-300, VMK15-250, VMK16-300
AUD$362.73
2.5" Oval style
VMK7-250,VMK8-250,VMK10-250
AUD$362.73
3" and 3.5" Oval style
VMK5-300, VMK6-300, VMK11-300, VMK11-350,VMK17-350,VMK30-250,VMK31-300,VMK17-350
AUD$409.09

Please contact our dealer in USA to find out the actual price and supply of the universal Varex muffler:

Modern Automotive Performance
9800 Hemingway Ave S
Cottage Grove MN 55016
USA
651-348-8811
(sales@maperformance.com)

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Khampha
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XFORCE Performance Exhaust tel:  +61 2 9793 7338  fax: +61 2 9793 3238  www.xforce.com.au

**********************************************************************************************************
The content of this email, including attachments, may be subject to privilege and is confidential. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because an e-mail has been sent to you by mistake. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachment and do not disclose or use the information in it. Any unauthorized use of the e-mail or the contents of the email is strictly prohibited. There is no warranty that this email is error or virus free. X FORCE  accepts no liability for loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or otherwise) resulting from the receipt of any email and use of any attachments to any email. If this is a private communication it does not represent the views of X FORCE. Copyright attaches to this email. X FORCE is not liable if this email or an attachment is altered without its written consent.
***********************************************************************************************************

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Hi,

What system would you recommend for 2013 taurus SHO?  What would the whole package cost less install? (please list the controller separately if it is sold that way)

Thanks,
Tom

SHOdded

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 23, 2014, 11:48:27 PMThis is the exhaust in action.
You can literally feel the exhaust life-pulse :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 23, 2014, 08:55:39 PM
Couple things:
I can personally speak that electric cutouts do not rattle and die. I have run them through all four seasons in the Northeast without issue. If you stick with either QTP or DMH you are getting the best products out there and are guaranteed a long life with great manufacturer support if something happens to go wrong.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SRT82ECOBOOST

"BTW, if you think about it, it should be cheaper than the cutout option (pipes around $1500 and $400 for the cutout)"
I have been quoted $800 to do a complete custom 2.5" exhaust and then add in $400 for the electronic cutouts. So for $1,200 I think you would end up with the best exhaust option out there.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on January 24, 2014, 07:51:46 AM
I can personally speak that electric cutouts do not rattle and die. I have run them through all four seasons in the Northeast without issue. If you stick with either QTP or DMH you are getting the best products out there and are guaranteed a long life with great manufacturer support if something happens to go wrong.

"BTW, if you think about it, it should be cheaper than the cutout option (pipes around $1500 and $400 for the cutout)"
I have been quoted $800 to do a complete custom 2.5" exhaust and then add in $400 for the electronic cutouts. So for $1,200 I think you would end up with the best exhaust option out there.

I was talking about my custom pipe I had made the the boost activated cutout that I had made. As far as the electric cutouts rattling I had them and they rattled HORRIBLY and if you google cutout rattles you'll find TONS of people have that issue as well so I wasn't the only one. Some guys have great luck with them but I couldn't stand the sound it made at idle, sounded like a rattly exhaust leak.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

Good discussion! Anyone from PPE or with the Lexus exhaust 4DR mentioned earlier have an idea about cost of that system for the SHO? TIA. 
I wasn't able to find it on their website.

FoMoCoSHO

4DR, if you need he cutout back for some development time, let me know.