• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aftermarket Paddle shifters

Started by Shonuff1140, January 20, 2014, 03:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhpadi

Quote from: SwampRat on January 31, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
My 13 SHO came with an MKS  engine cover . The dealer had to order the correct SHO cover.
Wow, first time for that! I've heard of mistakes back in the 70's where a car came to the dealer with American badging on the right fender and Canadian badging on the left.  If I remember correctly it said Bonneville on the passenger fender and Parisenne on the left.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

BiGMaC

Quote from: risskybusiness on February 04, 2014, 10:29:40 AM
So does anyone know if I could get the '13+ paddle shifters to work in my '10. They are ~$50 for both, so I may just try.

What would be the advantage.  I feel like the construction of my '13 paddle shifters is the worst part of my interior.  I'd like a billet replacement myself.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

RisskyBusiness

Honestly I just want to have the right paddle be up shift and the left down shift. Instead of pulling back on either as up shift and pushing down is down shift.

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 04, 2014, 11:30:43 AM
So does anyone know if I could get the '13+ paddle shifters to work in my '10. They are ~$50 for both, so I may just try.

What would be the advantage.  I feel like the construction of my '13 paddle shifters is the worst part of my interior.  I'd like a billet replacement myself.
2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...

Shonuff1140

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 04, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

The 10's and 11's are super junk.

vernonator

Quote from: mjhpadi on February 04, 2014, 11:17:19 AM
Quote from: SwampRat on January 31, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
My 13 SHO came with an MKS  engine cover . The dealer had to order the correct SHO cover.
Wow, first time for that! I've heard of mistakes back in the 70's where a car came to the dealer with American badging on the right fender and Canadian badging on the left.  If I remember correctly it said Bonneville on the passenger fender and Parisenne on the left.

Thats funny...I helped a buddy (back in high school) replace the exhaust on his Mercury Capri (74 I believe) and one side of the system used metric and the other was standard....WTF over?

I don't think you could use the '13 on earlier models, didn't they go to the more standard "up shift on one side, down on the other" rather than the '10 - '12 mode of each switch does both?
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

RisskyBusiness

Quote from: vernonator on February 04, 2014, 03:57:49 PM

I don't think you could use the '13 on earlier models, didn't they go to the more standard "up shift on one side, down on the other" rather than the '10 - '12 mode of each switch does both?

That is what they did, but that is what I'm after. I would assume it's an electric system, would there be a way to "trick" the car into thinking that when you pull up the left it's actually shifting down? 
2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...

SHOFan808

Hey all, I just decided to resurrect this thread in the interest of paddle shifters for the 2013+ SHO.  I'm not sure this will work, as the listing is for a 2014 Ford Mondeo, which is the Fusion.  I tried to do a search, but couldn't find it.  Does anyone know if the 2014 Fusion and 2013+ SHO share the same part # for the paddle shifters?  If so, this aluminum paddle shifter extender will be able to attach to the 2013+ SHO paddle shifters.  Just thought I'd throw this out there if anyone was still interested. 

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=121608857691&alt=web

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Would be interesting to know. Personally I have found the car and my tune are smarter than I am about optimal shift points and pressures. Good luck with your search.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

vernonator

Quote from: BiGMaC on July 16, 2015, 05:25:00 PM
Would be interesting to know. Personally I have found the car and my tune are smarter than I am about optimal shift points and pressures. Good luck with your search.

I don't think anyone would argue that the auto is smarter/quicker than the paddles. I would love to use them just for the fun of it, but the lag is too much. We also have a '15 xsport and IT does not seem to have the lag that my '12 SHO does. Has anyone taken a serious look at an upgrade/retrofit of the '13+ system to the older SHO's?
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

Vortech347

Those extensions are bad ass!!!! I would love a set.  I've utilized sport mode and manual shifting a few times in the canyons around here.  I also plan to auto-x and open track mine a few times. Would be great to have.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Wardog692

Resurrecting an old thread again, but a company called Shift Koncepts makes replacements for the Mustang that will also fit a 2013+ SHO. https://www.shiftkoncepts.com/collections/ford-mustang/products/ford-mustang-extended-paddle-shifters. The owner said if there was enough interest he would R&D some for 2010-12. Rough pricing would be similar to the 2013+ at around $75. Would anyone be interested, should I continue to pursue this with him?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

bpd1151

I would be interested, for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mustang5L5

Quote from: SHOFan808 on July 16, 2015, 03:32:05 PM
Hey all, I just decided to resurrect this thread in the interest of paddle shifters for the 2013+ SHO.  I'm not sure this will work, as the listing is for a 2014 Ford Mondeo, which is the Fusion.  I tried to do a search, but couldn't find it.  Does anyone know if the 2014 Fusion and 2013+ SHO share the same part # for the paddle shifters?  If so, this aluminum paddle shifter extender will be able to attach to the 2013+ SHO paddle shifters.  Just thought I'd throw this out there if anyone was still interested.

I have an 2013+ MKS wheel I've dissected a bit and have the P/N's for the paddle shifters for that.   

RH - upshift - DE9T-3F884-ABW
LH - downshift - DE9T-3F885-ABW

Ill have my hands on a 2014 Taurus SHO wheel shortly and can confirm if they are the same P/N in a bit.

Edit:

2014 SHO wheel

RH - upshift - BT4T-3F884-ADW
LH - downshift - BT4T-3F885-ADW
-2014 Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD

SHOFan808

Awesome thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk