• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

35lb weight loss

Started by shotime99, January 15, 2014, 01:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotime99

So working at a motorcycle shop got me looking at a little item that managed to knock 35lbs off the front left of the engine compartment!

Just gotta work on making it neater! Seems to work great! Bit of a pain with all the stuff connected to the positive side..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit

shotime99

Oops!! Same pic twice! Here...

shotime99

slurppie

Interesting.. Looks like the AlienMotion I have in my KTM625 SMC.  Am I correct in that they don't like to play when the temps are low?
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

BiGMaC

Cool idea!  Keep us updated on your experience with performance and longevity.

This might allow space for a sealed insulated CAI filterbox to avoid heat saturation and get cooler intake air.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Great weight loss idea!  I hope it does well all year (in the cold).

shotime99

I had a Ballistic brand 16 cell in my 2006 Saturn Ion Redline for over a year.  It started the car in -30 C .. mind you a tad slower.. So these AntiGravity batteries seem to be waaaaay better built. was -10 C this morning outside and fired with zero lag!

shotime99

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 15, 2014, 08:55:58 AM
Cool idea!  Keep us updated on your experience with performance and longevity.

This might allow space for a sealed insulated CAI filterbox to avoid heat saturation and get cooler intake air.
it could for sure. I just need to figure how to tuck in in the back left corner of the battery tray.. The stupid positive wire has so much stuff attached to it it does not move at all!

shotime99

ahh I should mention the one I put in my SHO is the 24 cell small case.. 720 CCA

SHOdded

Very nice!  How much did it set you back $-wise?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shotime99

Quote from: SHOdded on January 15, 2014, 01:33:34 PM
Very nice!  How much did it set you back $-wise?

don't ask that part!! lol! they list at 500 bucks here in Canada.. ow! but what the heck!

shotime99

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shotime99

HAHA ya I have seen the full size ones worth 2-4g.. thought about it for my diesel.. but over 4grand in batteries to save 120lbs prolly not worth it on that rig!

Kolk1

I just started drinking water, and walking for 1 hour every morning, and ive shaved off 60lbs so far, and it was free. LOL