• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fan runs constantly after install tune and stat

Started by ejjp13, January 13, 2014, 08:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejjp13

Having some trouble with my fan running all the time. This occurred when I installed my LMS tune and t-stat.  I installed my tune first and approximately a week later I installed the t-stat.  Ever since then, the fan stays on all the time.  I don't think it's air in the line and my temp gage is reading normal. Could it have something to do with the tune?
2011 SHO non pp
H&R springs
Air-aid
LMS tune
DynoMax Exhaust w/magna flow cat

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF!  Please tell us some more about your ride and your geographic location so we can help you figure out what the issue(s) might be.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Welcome To EBPF!
Glad to have you aboard!
:WELCOME:

Best thing to do is post the info on your ride so folks can evaluate the problem. Most put the info in their signature (which you can do from the "profile" page), then it's always there when a question comes up. 

I know that issue came up in a thread... try a few searches from the "forum" main page.  I'd also recommend a call  to LMS asap and tell them the issue.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ejjp13

Thanks for the responses.  I plan on calling LMS again.  Initially, when I first noticed the issue I called LMS and the said it was not the tune.  They suggested it my have been an air pocket in my cooking get system.  I would if that were the case I would be seeing Higher temp readings.  They asked if I noticed higher temperature so I sent them a photo of my temp gage and that was the last I heard and being that it is a minor concern, I never followed up. Now that my car blows cold air when I'm at a stop light it reminded me to look back into the issue.
2011 SHO non pp
H&R springs
Air-aid
LMS tune

DJE624

There have been other reports of blowing cold air.  For some it was an actuator door but others found that filling, burping and refilling the coolant solved the problem.  So, it could be air.  If you do try refilling make sure to run to operating temperature in between fills, let cool in between fills and have the heat full blast. 

ejjp13

I have a couple more qurstions.

1. How do I burp my sho.  I've seen a few threads mentioned it but it's still not clear.

2.  If my car was running hot do to air being in the system why would my temp gage read normal?
2011 SHO non pp
H&R springs
Air-aid
LMS tune

CrazyRacingMan

There is a tsb on how to do it posted on here somewhere. I had the same issue as you. It was -3 degrees outside and my fans would run on high all day. There was an air pocket in the cooling system that I could not get rid of without following the tsb. I also filled the coolant resivore to the top and followed the tsb. After an hour I had got it to burp out the remaining air. This cooling system is a pain to get the air out of.
2011 SHO Air Raid CAI, 170 DEG T-stat, LMS V8 93 Stage 4+