• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Swapping a 3.5L Ecoboost into.....

Started by walt460, January 12, 2014, 12:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt460

No, actually SCT does not have the ability to turn off PATS in 2011-up Ford PCMs.  I lot of guys think that SCT does, because their tuner menu actually has such a selection, but it does not work for 2011-up Ford PCMs.

The only company that has successfully shown that they can turn off PATS for a 2011-up Ford PCM is HP Tuners, and they can only do it if you send them your PCM, can not be done with their current release or any planned release of their software.

FoMoCoSHO

AJP asked me to post this because he suffers from iFail.

SHOdded

I believe Forscan has the ability to manage PATS also?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: walt460 on November 09, 2015, 07:27:21 AM
Also at SEMA I found that Hotwire (wiring company in Arkansas) will make a engine/trans harness for the 2011-2015 F150 Ecoboost/6R80.  They want your original factory harnesses if possible as some of the connector shells are not available, but for $1100 the will make the harness in any lengths you need, so custom made harness all tested and labeled that will run a 3.5L EB/6R80 with the stock PCM in just about any vehicle you can put it into with just hooking up 5 wires.  hotwireauto.com is their website.

Also, you will need to have the PATS feature turned off in your PCM, and so far the only company that can do that is HP tuners, but you must ship your PCM to them to get that done.

Walt
Well hopefully they can make one for the new Raptor dual fuel engine next year and the 10 speed trans. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

walt460

I can't wait for technical details on the 2017 Raptor's 3.5L Ecoboost.  I know that it will include new/revised cylinder heads and rumor has it with new higher capacity high-pressure fuel pump to allow HP to jump to over 425HP, Rumor is more like 450HP.  That power level with the new 10-speed should make a great powertrain to swap into some cool street rides.  You can bet that the PCM and wiring will be new/revised, but I look forward to the challenge.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: walt460 on November 12, 2015, 07:50:18 AM
I can't wait for technical details on the 2017 Raptor's 3.5L Ecoboost.  I know that it will include new/revised cylinder heads and rumor has it with new higher capacity high-pressure fuel pump to allow HP to jump to over 425HP, Rumor is more like 450HP.  That power level with the new 10-speed should make a great powertrain to swap into some cool street rides.  You can bet that the PCM and wiring will be new/revised, but I look forward to the challenge.
It's DI and PFI, no more DI restrictions :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

walt460

That is good news!  Interesting to see how they do that, maybe parts can be added to earlier 3.5L EB engines.

walt460

I see all the Ford Performance dealers are now selling the 3.5L EB Controls Pak.  Solution for anyone wanting to go with a manual trans.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: walt460 on November 12, 2015, 02:41:05 PM

That is good news!  Interesting to see how they do that, maybe parts can be added to earlier 3.5L EB engines.
I asked that, the heads are new and the new intake manifold won't swap onto the old heads unfortunately. I was really hoping that the manifold would retrofit. :(
www.ecopowerparts.com -

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

Boosted Falcon

Reviving a old thread. I and just getting started on my 64 Falcon Coupe Pro Touring project.
With Ford offering the 3.5 EcoBoost and controller it will be a fun and different swap. I am told a MT82 trans and 3.7 flywheel will bolt up I yet to verify.
I will be using a Ride Tech coil over suspension with a Fox body rack, it looks like the rear sump pan has plenty of room. One of the big questions I have is it looks the the drivers side turbo exhaust could be a tight fit. Any information appreciated.

Primalzer

Curious if this controller pack would work with a motor out of a wreck.

The manual ranger project would be way easier, with this simple manual transmission harness...

Just dreaming...swap the IRS out of a Cobra, wrecked F-150 3.5EB, Tremec 6-speed of some variety (not sure on the bellhousing compatibility...custom bellhousing could get pricey...)

That thing would flat out MOVE. Hell, with the Turbo Couple/SVO 2.3 SOHC swap, they're no slouch, just imagine that much more torque and HP in a stock tuned 3.5EB...start working on some tuning?
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion

lamrith

Quote from: Primalzer on June 07, 2017, 12:55:07 PM

The manual ranger project would be way easier, with this simple manual transmission harness...

Just dreaming...swap the IRS out of a Cobra, wrecked F-150 3.5EB, Tremec 6-speed of some variety (not sure on the bellhousing compatibility...custom bellhousing could get pricey...)

That thing would flat out MOVE. Hell, with the Turbo Couple/SVO 2.3 SOHC swap, they're no slouch, just imagine that much more torque and HP in a stock tuned 3.5EB...start working on some tuning?
I do like where your head is at with this.  I had my 95 GT Convertible out for a spin yesterday and was missing the power of the SHO, but enjoyed rowing thru the gears on the T5 5spd...  I literally was thinking how much fun the car would be with a 3.5Eco and a manual trans..
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Primalzer

Quote from: lamrith on June 07, 2017, 02:03:07 PM
Quote from: Primalzer on June 07, 2017, 12:55:07 PM

I do like where your head is at with this.  I had my 95 GT Convertible out for a spin yesterday and was missing the power of the SHO, but enjoyed rowing thru the gears on the T5 5spd...  I literally was thinking how much fun the car would be with a 3.5Eco and a manual trans..

Exactly my issue with my Flex. Love the power, miss rowing my own gears. Even my GF commented the other day how I look so disappointed because I don't drive a stick anymore. I've already started the hunt for something manual and cheap that I was going to turn into a project car/truck trackrat. Not sure if they'd allow a Ranger to autocross, but I can always try :rofl:
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion