• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Trouble with LMS tunes

Started by bykr, January 10, 2014, 08:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Great!  We were thinking it might have been a bad file or mis-matched strategy.  Glad you were able to get it straightened out so fast. 

bykr

They sent the updated file and it works great-just took it around the block.Great support from Anthony and the crew at LMS in resolving this issue so quickly.
2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

DJE624

Excellent Tim!  Glad to hear you are all set! 

BlueSHO

Excellent customer support. Way to go LMS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

panther427

Glad they got it fixed fast... what stage did u load..what is your impression...
2013 SHO

bykr

I went with stage 4 for now.Earlier I had posted that they're going away from stages but I received tunes in stages 3,4 and 4+.Also had my 170 deg. thermostat in the tune.I couldn't  believe how fast it leaves the line-had some wheel hop with the traction control off.Very impressed.
2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

DJE624

Makes a fun car all that much funner running a tune!  4 is a good place to start.  I wouldn't even bother with 3.  4+ will almost make it that much better.  Here is my dyno with stock, 4 and 4+.

bykr

Any idea what the 4+ whp numbers would equate to in flywheel hp?
2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

bykr

2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

curry67

wow thats a huge torque gain. im guessing the first line is your 4 then stock then 4+?
I want to make the tune my first upgrade but im worried ill screw up my pricy ESP warranty. I dont really have a good relationship with a local ford dealer.

DJE624

Right.  Well, that's the chance we have had to take.  There is a thread here somewhere of testimonials from a bunch of guys that have had tunes for tens of thousands of miles and years with no issues at all.  I took the chance at 800 miles and I have 6800 now.  (Plus close to 30 1/4 mile runs.)   

navbtcret

I put LMS's stage 4+ tune on mine with just over 300 miles on it. People have been running it for years without issue so I was not worried about my ESP. I mainly got that for all the electronics as the motor and trans were already covered for that long.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

n8rfastback

I've got over 40k running lms tunes.
2010 SHO

curry67

Quote from: navbtcret on January 12, 2014, 05:54:20 AM
I put LMS's stage 4+ tune on mine with just over 300 miles on it. People have been running it for years without issue so I was not worried about my ESP. I mainly got that for all the electronics as the motor and trans were already covered for that long.

I never thought of getting it to compliment a new vehicle warranty i always thought it covered everything in that. If i ever got a tune I would obviously get a LMS tune. This is my first new used car ive always bought used cars under 10k. Just a little nervous hahah The stage 4 tune with 91 octane would be my tune I cant get anything higher then 91 without having stations with 10% ethanol. Im a big fan of shell V-Power.