• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDII Bluetooth adapter

Started by 2010SHOtime, January 09, 2014, 07:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Okay.  Thanks Larry and JMR.  I thought I was in the Twilight Zone there for a bit.  LOL

SwampRat

This begs for another  MOD..... .. 

Drop down or fold down for a 7 " android tablet to replace or modify overhead dome light / eyeglass holder ...

Have I seen this on a thread somewhere ?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Larrylu

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 09, 2014, 10:19:44 PM

Drop down or fold down for a 7 " android tablet to replace or modify overhead dome light / eyeglass holder ...

I'd love to see someone lead the way on this. I love my Nexus 7 and it's fully operational in dedicated everyday use but my mount could be more elegant. I could use some ideas.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

DJE624

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 09, 2014, 10:19:44 PM

That would be pretty awesome! I haven't seen it here.

Dxlnt1

For IOS the apps to use are either Rev2, or Dash Commander. They have free versions that work fine.

I use mine with the elm 327 wifi on iPhone 4s
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SRT82ECOBOOST

If you want on the fly monitoring I don't think you can beat this approach. First piece is to install a Lockpick so you can play video on the built in screen:
http://www.coastaletech.com/tauruslockpick.htm
Then just run Torque on your phone and send video out to the built in RCA plugs. This would look sick and as OEM as possible.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Larrylu

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on January 10, 2014, 08:49:14 AM
If you want on the fly monitoring I don't think you can beat this approach. First piece is to install a Lockpick so you can play video on the built in screen:
Then just run Torque on your phone and send video out to the built in RCA plugs. This would look sick and as OEM as possible.

I like the concept. Would the display be able to toggle from the phone to OE screens without unplugging the phone?  Nice plan!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SRT82ECOBOOST

I like the concept. Would the display be able to toggle from the phone to OE screens without unplugging the phone?  Nice plan!
[/quote]
Yes, you would have this functionality.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Japeatr

F-150

FoMoCoSHO

You lose the ability to listen to your sound system when doing this.

Larrylu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 10, 2014, 11:01:57 PM
You lose the ability to listen to your sound system when doing this.

Wow. That's a pretty big negative. Maybe I'll just stick with my N7 display. It's not quite as elegant but no loss in functionality.

REDSHOCGO

I use the elm 327 mini and have had no issues. I use it with the torque app and my droid phone
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

Mac98SHO

Quote from: mhenne4 on January 09, 2014, 08:05:12 PM
I use the elm 327 mini from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009RLB4Z8?cache=1389315654&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70#ref=mp_s_a_1_6

Its known as the cheap option. Mine works great I've had zero issues with it. Other users have reported it doesn't work properly so I guess it comes down to luck with build quality. At 10-15 bucks if its a dud then its not a huge loss.

Others have used the higher price options but my cheap option has worked quite well for over a year now.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I have one very similar to it and it works great :)
2013 SHO w/Performance Package (Tuxedo Black)
Air Raid Intake
X-pipe with Stock Mufflers
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes